Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 12:58 AM   #1
lrdmarboro
Welcomed New User

ok so how are you suppose to make the troolly work

please

help

thank you for your time.

lrdmarboro

------------------
for only the true necro shall rule the world.
lrdmarboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 07:03 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

There are a couple of steps to this puzzle:

1) You've talked with King Freyedies and he has told you that he has sent someone to activate the trolly system

2) You've taken the west trolly to the abandoned mines and recovered the spare lever from the western room that's down two levels. The lever is on the floor next to the broken cart.

You can then "Use" the spare lever on the broken slot to fix it.

------------------
-------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 07:17 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And then there are the people that have the lever, and still can't make it work - what is known as the PULL CLICK WHUMP OWWWW method - yes Moni that means you - COME ON DOWN. For a great rendition of how not to ride a cart, I suggest you check out the "Giggling so hard I am missing my keys" post which is on page two or three of the forum at present. There are three pages to that post - the message you want to read is about 2/3 of the way down the first page (Moni has a couple of posts in the thread, but you won't miss this one). To use the boring version, to ride the cart, select it (like a raft or horse) and you will jump on - then pull the lever. If you just jump on yourself and pull the lever - well PULL CLICK WHUMP OWWW is your reward. Moni's post is not to be missed if you want a good laugh - and someone a little later, who rode his trolley by standing in front and taking crush damage down the whole line. More trolleys is what this game needs.

------------------
Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 07:56 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Hey Moni!
I hope you don't mind me reprinting your post here for lrdmarboro and anyone else to enjoy. I find it to be my favorite anecdote in W&W and I thought this was a good place to resurrect it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Paladin: "Hey there it is! The trolley car we need to get to the Abandoned Mines! Everybody hop in, I'll get the lever!"

pull: 'CLICK' WHUMP!

The party falls on their butts on the tracks as the car speeds off without them!

1st Samurai: "OK, the light changed, see if you can bring it back now"

pull: 'CLICK' (wait)

Paladin: "Yeah, the light changed again! It must be coming back!"

2nd Samurai: "Oh cool! It spins when it stops! This ought to be fun!"

1st Samurai "OK Let's try again, everyone hop in."

Priest: "Dammit! Oh Blessed Kerah, forgive me!"

1st Samurai: ::sigh:: "Let's try again."

Ninja: "Heh heh...Lets stay here on the tracks and jump into it when it gets here"

(JUMP~Land "in?" the cart)

Ninja: "OW! I just got stuck with a level 1 lockpick! I knew I should have sold these things!"

Paladin: OK, Let's try again & you, Wizard! Make sure your robe is not getting caught on anything back there!"

Wizard: ::mumble grumble:: "I have a flamestrike that ought to take care of this thing if you people want to step back."

Priest: "Now now, let's watch out tempers, friends, we don't want to offend the spirits that watch over us!"

Ninja: "Shut up & get in Mr. Holier Than Thou!"

1st Samurai: "Let me try the lever this time! Move!"

2nd Samurai: "Well we obviously aren't heavy enough for this thing!"

1st Samurai: "Well wasn't it you that was whining that we have too much stuff, let's go back to town & sell it?"

2nd Samurai: "How was I supposed to know?"

Paladin: "So how do we get heavier? We can't eat!"

Priest: "We don't dare kill off the miners just to see what they have! It can't be much! They are poor miners for Kerah's sake!"

Paladin: "OK, get in! Get in! We can do this! We are heroes!"

Ninja: "OW! Darned lockpicks! Why didn't you remind me to sell these too!"

2nd Samurai: "Sorry!"

1st Samurai: "I'm getting tired of this!"

Paladin: "Well, me too but we can't rest either!"

Priest: "What shall we do?"

Ninja: "Try again, DUH!"

1st Samurai: "I am REALLY getting tired of this!"

Priest: "I think I broke a potion, my robe is wet! It will get all muddy!"

Wizard: "I'll take care of it for you. Step into that cart & let me throw a Flamestrike or two! My spell finger is getting itchy and you are getting on my last nerve!"

Paladin: "You guys REALLY want to try again or should we head in the virtual realm and see if we can get some help?"

2nd Samurai: ::looking at the cart:: ::sigh:: "It DID look like it was going to be fun didn't it? Let's go."
Please don't think I'm laughing at you Moni, I'm laughing with you. When I first read this I was laughing so loud, my wife though I lost my mind. (Joke's on her, I lost my mind ages ago.)
I think this may have been the post that caused me to frequent this Forum exclusively!

Thanx, Moni!

Mark

skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:11 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I still say thanks to Moni for sharing the trolley story with us!! A highligh of the forum, for certain!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote