Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #1
Kathen

I still getting that "Wand of the heavens" looking spell hitting only my main character.
I even tried keeping him on a different level while the rest of my party was with Serovok
on the first level. Does this trap only target my mian guy or what? Also, is the Bhall trap the large tapestry on the floor in front of Serovok? My thief is'nt picking it up as a trap. Thank you
Old 01-04-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

You are still in the Iron Throne tower!
That is not Serovok, you won't be fighting him for a while yet. There is no Bhall trap there.
Yes the Wand of the Heavens is nasty. When you win you get to keep it! I used lots of web and silence to stop the bad guys, and my toughest fighter with the Spiderbane sword to kill them.
It is a tough fight.
Sherpa Doug
Sherpa Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 08:06 PM   #3
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

Seems to me like you're in Bhaal's little Temple. The traps on the skull cannot be disarmed, so you must avoid them. The easiest way to do that is to summon loads of Monsters and Skeletons and create a living wall with them in front of your real characters. Equip your characters with Magical ranged weapons. Now send a character to Sarevok (mind the traps!), and let him initialize the dialogue. Then quickly move back behind the wall. Sarevok will follow and trigger the traps himself. The traps will hurt him, while you pepper him with your Archers and Slingers. Good fun to watch, because he can't reach you (because of all the Monsters you summoned). Piece of cake really...

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 01-06-2001, 10:24 PM   #4
Kathen

Yes, Im definetly fighting Serovok, and im definetly am getting flustrated!! I supose im probly steping on traps that my thief is not picking up on, but why is it targeting only my main guy?, and its always the wand of heavens! Could you tell me where the traps are?
Old 01-07-2001, 05:20 PM   #5
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

Just stay way from the large skull on the ground (it's like the BG logo). There are traps all over the thing. Just use the tactic I discribed for you and you'll be fine.

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.