Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
Moni

First off, I loved your animation in Efreeti_Genie's thread. : )
I played Unreal Tournament online once but my ping was so high that I was getting murdelized within seconds of realizing that the lag had me stuck face first into the corner (with the enemy flag at that, lol)

Anyway I wanted to ask you, do you still play? Ever belong to a clan?

My boyfriend plays Unreal Tournament almost non stop...he has been #1 more than once. With his current name (Khan, or Killa Kahn, something like that, he boasts the best stats he has ever seen anyone attain). He just got BGII and I don't hear that ever so familiar "Killing Spree! fron the next room so often anymore. He loves BGII though & is having a blast with it.

I remember hearing on ocassion last year "Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"

Cracked me up to see it here & finally remember who Boo was!
Old 01-12-2001, 11:49 AM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

Yeah, I still play UT occasionally. There are a few guys at work here that are really into it big time. I get together online with them occasionally and play. The third person shooter games aren't really my thing though. I'd much rather wrap my brain around a good RPG or strategy type game. I'm nothing special when it comes to UT, but I can usually hold my own.

I've never joined a clan. They usually want a lot of your time to play in tournaments and whatnot. I play a lot of hockey in the evenings, so I don't really have the time to commit to a clan.

P.S. If you though Minsc's dialog was funny in BG, it's even better in BGII.

Serath
"See battle Boo...RUN BOO, RUN!!!!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 02:30 PM   #3
Moni

Glad you found the thread & thanks for your reply!
I'll probably never try UT again, that is maybe unless we can get cable out here in the stix.
I too prefer RPG's & having to think when I play. Kinda wish this game had the old Wizardry standards of characters losing points in skills if they didn't use them or continously flopped at them, lol!
Have been patiently awaiting the release of Wizardry 8 I am hoping that with all the delays that it is going to be a kick butt-souped up version of this & the older Wizardry games...whatever it is, I'll have it, I'll play it & I'll probably like it!
My boyfriend has been playing BGII lately but quietly, as I have yet to hear the new dialogue. I'll have to peek in & check it out.
: )
Moni

P.S. If you are ever in a UT game~Facing Worlds map & you see Khan...take him out! LOL!
Old 01-12-2001, 02:43 PM   #4
Serath
Manshoon

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what Wizardry 8 is about as well. Several web sites have reported that they have really revamped the magic system over the previous games. The 3D environment is supposed to be pretty awesome eye candy too.

As for Khan, by the sounds of his prowess at UT, I'd have to get a lucky shot in to score a kill. Maybe I'll just run the other way if I meet him.

Serath
"We will crush your foes into little foe-like chunks!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
Moni

Snipe him, he HATES snipers!!!
; )