Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
Connla

A while ago I read a thread re the Samurai baton, think it was Davros who mentioned this could be found in a graveyard east of the castle.

AAaahhh I have looked east, west, up down!! The only graveyard I can find is the one near Jathil, is this the graveyard?? It has one chest which did not contain the baton.

I do recall the voiceover mentioning something about samurai bones near the ruined walls on the west side, but at the time I was otherwise engaged in mortal combat with piranas and rats and wolgers, and then spent hours looking around that area, but to no avail. (dejected).

Is the graveyard inside the walls or out in the shire somewhere? Please help, all my other chaps have reached there first ascention but this poor old warrior has been left behind because of a stick of wood!!!
Old 01-05-2001, 03:25 PM   #2
Sean Mc.

Howdy,

Been awhile since I did that one, but if memory serves, they are outside the castle walls. There is a small clearing and when you start going toward it, it opens up more and you start seeing gravestones. Try walking as close as possible to the woods, with the moat on your other side. Check any areas where the woods open up.

Cheers and good luck,
Old 01-05-2001, 06:04 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Facing the drawbridge, follow the moat to the left. It is the second clearing on the left of the moat. You'll need to swim in the moat, under a tower, to get there.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
Connla

I shall get my self a coffe, no better yet, gin and tonic and have another look, thanks for the tip. Though is it near the hole in the wall which I think is kind of southish. Do I have to go through the waterway bit with the upright metal grates?(not the underwater one).

Master Wu is very cross with me.

Connla
Old 01-05-2001, 06:50 PM   #5
Xignal76

This map (location B) might help:

Shurugeon Castle Map
Old 01-06-2001, 09:53 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Connla,

A fellow 37 and a bit year old Aussie I see, celtic poetry and mythology too (Tuatha De Danaan and Tir-na-Nog etc - have visited Eire twice now, and going again in September - fantastic place, particularly soaking up the culture (and other things) at the wonderful little pubs with the fiddle-de-dee music) - hope you have found your Samurai graveyard by now. By east, I was meaning on the outside of the east wall - you have to do the underwater swim thing to get past the southern potcullis, then hop out of the water and there is a little clearing to the dare I say East (well, a very small distance East anyway). Hope your party is no longer laughing, but now standing in quiet awe of their powerful Samuraii ally.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 08:55 PM   #7
Thorny

On a related note: The samurai ghost won't appear until after you receive the quest. Just like the ring of Saints doesn't appear until after you get assigned the quest when it magically appears! It is possible for more than one character to complete the quest, but only one at a time, unlike the Ninja quest which everyone gets automatically after the first character accomplishes the quest. I think the Ninja quest is the only one that doesn't require the character to complete it on their own, although of course the Warlock quest can often be completed immediately by pilfering the backpacks of the other characters.
Old 01-06-2001, 10:41 PM   #8
Moni

Perhaps a little late to be of any help, but the easiest way I can imagine it being described is this: You will go under one tower upon entering the bricked portion of the moat. Before you reach the next tower, turn left, walk out of the moat and into the woods. You will fight a few Samurai skeletons upon entering the Samurai graveyard. Continue to your left and the Samurai Warrior's spirit appears in front of a chest that you will find in that direction.