Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 03:24 AM   #1
migarth
Welcomed New User

I've been labouring, trying to finish IWD2 for days now and god knows how many sleepness nights ive gotten through and it started affecting my career and life . but i'l say this : this final battle is REAL painful!!! and after gotten through the guardian, the keepers of Holy Avenger and the Liche with just breeze, i began to doubt the mournings coming from this forum (sorry guys)... until i came to the last part i am totally doubtful if this game is meant to be beatable at-all.

at some point of frustration and tryin.. i finally resulted to, well, erm... buffing my characters as of "blessed by higher power", level max and healing them mannually (which should have made them demi-god). But it still took me sometime to nail both the bastard down, satisfying with only few points for each hit accumulating slooowly (im suspecting the developer in purposely plan not to let cheaters run off easily, level up their resistance to the current level the party has), comparing the damage my party done previously b4 cheating.

problem IS : after they are beaten on the second part, orrick the grey came out babbling something... but after then there i am... confused and stranded without knowing what to do next. im surpose to get out but the stairway up is barricaded... down is no go... AND the original ladder in the center of the map can't be use!!! even with the stair icon, clicking on it brings nothing!! not even a location pointer icon... izzit a bug? or is there any other way round?
Old 09-26-2002, 05:54 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You are suposed to use the stairway down in the center of the map. Going in it should complete the game.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:07 PM   #3
migarth
Welcomed New User

yeah. there was a bug with the middle stairway... but after reloading it again and clicking a few times, it finally learn how to use the stairs. [img]smile.gif[/img] off to never winter.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:27 AM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

If you want to make the second fight easier the best way to do it is this:

The first part you CANNOT KILL or even SERIOUSLY hurt Isair and Madea...No matter how much damage you do they will just be barely wounded or not wounded at all when the second part starts. The way to get to the second part of the battle is just to kill all their minions. Best way is mass haste, send your rogue if you have one with your back-up fighter or cleric and go hunting the guys in the corners, and then have your main fighters take on the visible ones.