Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
svanur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi theres along time since i played SOA so i dont remeber much i am going to create a new car i always like thiefs can they use scimithar
thats my favor weapons any tips about the char?
Old 02-18-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Wellcome to IW Svanur

Well I use a Bounty hunter...due to his traps...and MY bounty hunter duals scimitars!
But IŽd start by buffing the hide in shadows/find traps/Pick locks and then go from there by buffing the set traps ability That ROCKS in the later stages of the game

Pick that and pick this, but never pick up a trap...Oooouch!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

If you are not too keen on having a pure theif I would strongly adivce you to start the game as a fighter and immediately dual-class to thief. That way you can use almost any weapon and get proficient up to grand mastery (+++++) with it. You also get better damage and THACO. If you immediately dual at the beginning you'll have to do Chapter 1 with a Level 1 Thief (leveling up very fast), but have all your fighting abilities back at the beginning of Chapter 2 which then will make you a kickass assassin (backstab for 200 dmg, yeah)
Old 02-19-2002, 06:52 AM   #4
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

My archer uses it as a secondary weapon, which is very effective. It is a realy killer. But so it the Mana Bow!
Old 02-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

I think that the Heartseeker is better than the mana bow.
Scimitars are not that good in SoA.Use katana/CF