Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Cool Dude So, what are you watching this week? (Sept. 5th)

Rather than hijack every thread to rag about what i'm currently watching (or somehow stumbled upon to my utter horror and eventual glee), I decided to just make a random thread about maybe what we've come across this week. So what gems have we discovered lately? Or perhaps you're still watching something that deserves a recommendation? Do feel free to post it here, just a place to put the random crap that doesn't really warrant it's own thread, but still deserves a mention. Think of it like a cheap rip-off of "Cloudies Conversation Zone" (she won't mind - I have pictures of her ).

So anyways, i'll start.

Okay, Sunset Tan. Why? Why is this always on? I am ashamed to say it, but it's actually somehwat interesting in a warped kinda way. I just saw it there tonight on E!. Only thing I am ever looking for on E! at this time of night is The Soup, but more often than not I get this show forced in my face. The concept itself is very weak. I mean, how many different episodes can you make about people getting a fake tan? It is kinda like that Playboy Girls show on E! but slightly more interesting yet not at the same time. I amn't quite sure why I even leave it on. Maybe they just air it so much I kinda got brainwashed into thinking it must be popular. I'm a bit confused. There's a ton of manufactured drama to be had, but it's the most superficial kinda stuff you ever saw, like girls fighting over who looks prettier. The interesting thing is I don't think that they're faking it, and actually see such arguments as totally valid and worthwhile. Perhaps it's a mild fascination with this stuff that has got me watching it lately. Anyone else dared?

E!'s Wildest ______ Moments. Has anyone caught these yet? They're really nuts. I just saw Wildest Court Show Moments a bit ago. All I have to say is WTF!? They showed segements of all kinds of reality court shows that I didn't even know existed. Forget Judge Judy, these were just astonishing. There was one that aired on Playboy that they showed, and the judge held a stilleto that she smacked on the table rofl. Then there was one where the judge held a baseball bat. Another oddity was a fashion court show or some shit. That was a circus in it's own right. I can't believe these things have tv time! I think it's re-running on E! this week so be sure to watch it. There is also a Wildest Reality Show Moments that was on some time ago but that was great too! These things are gold, because they do the watching for you, and just show us the lunatic parts .

Well, more later maybe!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: So, what are you watching this week? (Sept. 5th)

Well I don't think I have any new shows to mention, yet. Of course I did spend the entire weekend watching the longest marathon ever in that Paradise Hotel. I always get sucked into weekend marathons of shows I've never seen before. Heck I may even skip the next Paradise Hotel and wait for the marathon instead!

That stupid I'm Scott Baio and 45 and Single show finally ended. It really wasn't that fun to watch except for the few times we got to see old girlfriends rip into him. If they do a second season with him getting married and having a baby, I'm definitely going to give it a pass! Boooring!

Rock of Love with Brett Michaels I'm still watching on VH1. It really is getting stupid now. Brett Michaels has no personality -- "I'm so horny!" "Every rose has it's thorn!" I'll continue to watch it to the end though cause I've already invested in it. I do that with books too for some reason, even if I hate it I'll plunge onward anyway just to get it done and over with LOL.

Watching also the latest Real World that started a few weeks ago. Same predictable douches, but sometimes they can be fun to watch. I remember watching last season, who had quite a despicable cast, and was finally rewarded near the end of the show with Colie (the biggest ho that ever ho'd) drunk and falling down some wet rocks in a bikini. Not to mention that the Real World is also the only show where scabies made an appearance. They get some real special people!

Oh and I am so happy that Rock Life on VH1 got cancelled and stuck online. I hated everyone right off the bat!

Still have yet to see a Sunset Tan. I'll run into it I'm sure one of these days and I'll make sure to comment!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Saw parts of the Biggest Loser finale on Tuesday. Probably more of interest to me now than it would have been in the past, given my recent personal weight loss. The results were very impressive... just goes to show what can happen when you put some heavy-duty focus on something. I think there's a lesson in there for me somewhere...

Aside from that, not much TV lately. Waiting for the newest Survivor (Survivor China), and I'll have to see what happens next
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Tonight BB8 is gonna have a double eviction-and they don't know it yet! And by double, I mean 2 leaving tonight. They will have a fast forward, where someone is evicted, then HOH, veto and veto ceremony, then the 2nd eviction in 1 hour!

I personally hate these at this time, as the livefeeds become stale, and boring with limited people in the house.
I really didn't like anyone this season.. they all seemed dull. (Dick WAS funny at times--but too over the top). Just mean... oh well, life goes on--and Survivor 90 is on it's way, and TAR (The Amazing Race) 84 is gonna come out soon, and Americas next top slut/coke-head as well.

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyzekke View Post

Rock of Love with Brett Michaels I'm still watching on VH1. It really is getting stupid now. Brett Michaels has no personality -- "I'm so horny!" "Every rose has it's thorn!" I'll continue to watch it to the end though cause I've already invested in it. I do that with books too for some reason, even if I hate it I'll plunge onward anyway just to get it done and over with LOL.

Watching also the latest Real World that started a few weeks ago. Same predictable douches, but sometimes they can be fun to watch. I remember watching last season, who had quite a despicable cast, and was finally rewarded near the end of the show with Colie (the biggest ho that ever ho'd) drunk and falling down some wet rocks in a bikini. Not to mention that the Real World is also the only show where scabies made an appearance. They get some real special people!
LOL yes, Rock of Love is the stupidest thing. He comes out with such cop-out crap sayings when you know he just wants one thing.

I think the real world need to rework their forumla. They throw in one black guy, one gay guy and then a few white posers and they think they have drama. Scary thing is they usually do but it's the same tired old drama every season "You're a racist piece of shit!" or "You're a homophobe". And then of course everyone in the house who isn't and never was involved will get involved and then that's it apprently. That's when people stop being polite and start being "real". Wtf?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The shame. I watched some reruns of America's Next Top Model on VH1. Tyra Banks reminds me of an older version of the infamous miss teen america.

Ever seen Tyra's show? She somehow found an audience that are dumb enough to look up to her. It frustrates me if it's on for more than 1 minute. I've always felt she needs to stick to modelling, if even that.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Tonight BB8 is gonna have a double eviction-and they don't know it yet! And by double, I mean 2 leaving tonight. They will have a fast forward, where someone is evicted, then HOH, veto and veto ceremony, then the 2nd eviction in 1 hour!

I personally hate these at this time, as the livefeeds become stale, and boring with limited people in the house.
I really didn't like anyone this season.. they all seemed dull. (Dick WAS funny at times--but too over the top). Just mean... oh well, life goes on--and Survivor 90 is on it's way, and TAR (The Amazing Race) 84 is gonna come out soon, and Americas next top slut/coke-head as well.
I don't like anyone either, especially Dick and his spawn. Gawd I fear one of them will win, which means that is the second BB in a row where a crappy person won.

I will say though I'm glad Eric was voted out. As America's Player he's already won, what, $40,000? So he shouldn't win the entire thing just because of that. I really hope next year they skip the America's Player thing. Because apparently America is stupid, and no fun. The options they had!, but instead they gave Eric mamby pamby easy stuff to do really. Sweet Chicken!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
LOL yes, Rock of Love is the stupidest thing. He comes out with such cop-out crap sayings when you know he just wants one thing.

I think the real world need to rework their forumla. They throw in one black guy, one gay guy and then a few white posers and they think they have drama. Scary thing is they usually do but it's the same tired old drama every season "You're a racist piece of shit!" or "You're a homophobe". And then of course everyone in the house who isn't and never was involved will get involved and then that's it apprently. That's when people stop being polite and start being "real". Wtf?
Notice the strawlike hair weave Brett Michaels is sporting? Most of those girls are half his age, I really wonder if they truly are into him. I mean, what do you get if you win? You get to be merely ONE of his ho's. That's it. What a prize! Cept totally not!

Well this particular Real World has nobody black and nobody gay. Maybe MTV also felt those particular conflicts played out. But idiots are still on agenda that's for sure! Supposedly soon one of the girls apparently gets kicked out. Not sure who (two of the girls look practically identical) but it may be good TV.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
The shame. I watched some reruns of America's Next Top Model on VH1. Tyra Banks reminds me of an older version of the infamous miss teen america.

Ever seen Tyra's show? She somehow found an audience that are dumb enough to look up to her. It frustrates me if it's on for more than 1 minute. I've always felt she needs to stick to modelling, if even that.
Oh Tyra is totally in love with herself! I myself enjoy America's Next Top Model, have watched every episode so far. Lately though the girls have been getting uglier. Gawd they had these twins that looked like pale anorexic trolls one season! And the winner of last season I called "the chin." It really should be called America's Next Top Photoshop, cause that's really what it is. At least from a glance, it looks like this upcoming season has decent looking girls, at least to me. I bet Tyra picks average looking girls because what is most important to her is that SHE is the one who shines the most! Me me me!!

I've seen her talk show a few times, I really can't stand to watch it much anymore. All she does is talk about herself, and when she isn't talking about herself, every subject that gets brought up she has some story about HERSELF that she thinks relates to it. She also loves to talk about how weight doesn't matter, and girls shouldn't be starving themselves, etc. Then on the next hand she's ranting about how some magazine called her fat, and then the next thing you know she's much skinner, and showing her body off in a bikini, so you know she herself went on a strict diet! She makes no sense LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hahaha I love on Americas NT Model they have the 'cue the crying session' episode where she does one on one 'talks' with the girls.. lol. It's like, YOU ARE NOT leaving this room until you cry. (Cue the crying).. waa. waa... the girls throw grapes at me, and point at me and call me a bitch" stuff...

hehe, that stuff comes off soooo cheesy.

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote