Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
cloud88
Manshoon

i`ve heard that somewhere and i tried it also but it says that he has no items can you steal from him and if so,how?
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:42 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

He has two items, Frostband and another scimitar.

One is +3, one is +5.

I've stole Frostband(Scimitar + 3) before, but never the +5 one.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:46 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

You can only steal frostbrand +3 because he doesn't have it equiped. Although his avatar shows him dual wielding 2 swords. But thats just the animation he isn't really doing
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually you can steal Drizzt's Defender scimitar, BUT it depends on exactly how the game is installed. The various patches and installation of ToTsc affect what items on Drizzt are pickpocketable or not. I have managed to get BOTH of his scimitars by pickpocketing, but it has been such a long time that I do not recall whether i did that BEFORE the first BG1 patch was installed.

I believe that if you have BG1 AND TOTSC installed as well as the latest patch for TotSC, that NONE of Drizzt's items are obtainable through theft.

As for Drizzt's magical chain mail, that has only been obtainable if you KILL Drizzt, and even THAT may have changed with some of the patches/TotSC.

I wish I could give you a rundown of what is available when, but my memory isn;t THAT good! lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When I had just straight BG1 installed, none of his gear was pickable. With ToSC, I can get Frostbrand, but nothing else. As far as I know, my game is entirely patchless.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #6
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I have both BG1 & TotSC installed along with the "Dark side of the Sword Coast" add-on to TotSC and was able to pick both swords, and after a very tough battle you can get his armor(+4 chain) which, in my opinion, is the best available for a thief... you can still use all your skills and get nearly as much protection as plate mail.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Rolper ]

Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Rolper,

DSotSC may have altered the availability of Drizzt's items, so it's not a fair comparison.

Again, all i can say is that I DID pickpocket both the Defender +5 and the Frost Brand, and I am certain that I did it before TotSC had been installed; but can't say with any certainty that I did it before the first BG1 patch was installed.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote