Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 04:20 AM   #1
Marant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just beaten Firkragg and he has a very nice sword - Carsomyr, which I'm sure most of you know is usable by paladins only. (I didn't - i got all excited when I beat firkraag and saw a shiny bright sword too..)

Now, my party consists of Me - lvl 17 dwarven wizardslayer (kinda boring character)

and (all level 16-17ish)

Minsc (and boo) - with vorpal blade and dragons breath halberd (the +4 one from underdark) and girdle of 21 strength

Anomen - with mace of disruption +2 and +3 skullcrusher(annoying fella but very handy in a scrap) - good spells too.

Jaheira - with spear of piercing and staff of Rynn, and girdle of 19 strength

Aerie - fairly handy with the spells, plus mace of 18 strength

Imoen - becoming a very good mage, can summon cacofiends and has a spell level above that (I forget what that is? 8?). also has bow of (tansheron? - 3 attacks per round anyway).

As Keldorn is the only paladin - if I want one it's got to be him. Who would you drop, and why? (if anyone).
(Personally I'd probably drop myself, but I can't do that and as a dwarf I can't even dual class. Not that it'd let me use any magic items if I did.)

I have yet to do the temple of the sightless eye sub-quest, though I have met Keldorn and told him I didn't want him. So I'd need to know where he goes too. Would he level up quick enough to be useful?

[ 03-31-2005, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Marant ]
Marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 AM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Anomen, his cleric abilities are superfluous with Aerie in the party (whom you need to keep since you only have one other mage) and as a fighter he is inferior to both Minsc and Keldorn, while Jaheira provides some useful druid spells. I'm guessing Keldorn would be about 1 000 000 XP behind the rest of the party if you pick him up now, which by the end of ToB wont amount to more than 3-4 levels, not much in my opinion.

[ 03-31-2005, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
Marant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

but his cleric spells are currently way in advance of Aerie's?
Marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Marant:
but his cleric spells are currently way in advance of Aerie's?
Maybe so, but that is advantage that will fade as you gain more experience. Besides, if the choice comes to stand between Anomen and Aerie, you will probably have far more use for Aeries mage abilities than Anomens fighting abilities.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Especially when you consider you have Minsc and Keldorn tanking in full force, your wizard slayer protagonist flank-attacking and Jaheira as another possible front-line fighter (cough *Ironskins* cough).

Having Anomen on top of that is a bit overkill, don't you think?

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote