Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

I'm getting my ass kicked by vamps. I'm at the end of Chapter 2 (or is it beginning of chapter 3) the part when you side with the shadow thieves and I'm about to start the quest where you guard something or another at the Docks (the first one for the leader)

My party is:
Jah(w/ Belm)
Minsc (dual wielding daystar and flame tongue)
Keldorn (his sword or talking sword)
Anomen (maces or hammers or whatever)
Yoshi (Katana +1 and bows)
Me (sorc)

The level drain especially is hurting me. I have the amulet of power, and I let whoever is frontlining take it in a battle. But that does stop the mass amounts of damage the vamps deal out. I'd drop Jah for someone better, but I'm romancing her and I like the druid spell. Any tips?
Old 01-16-2002, 03:23 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
I'm getting my ass kicked by vamps. I'm at the end of Chapter 2 (or is it beginning of chapter 3) the part when you side with the shadow thieves and I'm about to start the quest where you guard something or another at the Docks (the first one for the leader)

My party is:
Jah(w/ Belm)
Minsc (dual wielding daystar and flame tongue)
Keldorn (his sword or talking sword)
Anomen (maces or hammers or whatever)
Yoshi (Katana +1 and bows)
Me (sorc)

The level drain especially is hurting me. I have the amulet of power, and I let whoever is frontlining take it in a battle. But that does stop the mass amounts of damage the vamps deal out. I'd drop Jah for someone better, but I'm romancing her and I like the druid spell. Any tips?

have Anomen cast Negative plane protection on the frontliners before you start fighting and use daystars ability (sunray) to wipe them out. If anomen can cast false dawn, or sunray use those as well. If high enough level his turn undead can splatter them as well.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]

Old 01-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I agree with Morgeraut. I have just one add.
Equip yourself with the amulet of power, the one you got from the shadow-thieves, and you go forth first and meet the devils. That way most of the vamprs will attack you first, but since you are equipped with the amulet of power, their level drain wont infect ya!
You must of course have some protection-spell on yourself before meeting them, though.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
Professor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is all about the Negative Plane Protection, my friend. You may need to use scrolls.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

to hurt vampires the most use positive (or celestial) energy - holy smite, sunray, false dawn - or fire, which is especialy damaging to almost all undead.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:14 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

a little preparation can go a long way.

they only show up after midnight (hour 0) and only once per day. i may be mistaken but only two groups actually attack you, possibly none if you get the encounters before picking a side.

as you've probably found out, you can be level drained even with stoneskin or ironskin on, so have an invisibility potion or spell handy; the biggest inconvenience, besides death, about level drains is losing your spells.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:19 AM   #7
Anarion

if you are drained use lesser restoration.. or just pay [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 06:20 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

and also have Anomen memorize a lessa restoration (or buy scrolls) that way when they do actually turn to some1 differentu can restore them .... oh and give the Amul. to Jah... send her in 1st.... she will do betta than ur Sorc in the frontline
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:48 AM   #9
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Buy two scrolls of protection from undead and you should clear the docks and her place in the graveyard district. Cast it on Minsc and walk into the middle of them, since they can't see you day. Do the Daystar's ability and whack as many of them as you can and then just clear them out.

When you got to her lair watch out for golems in the coffin room, and the death archers in the main room can still hit you for some reason.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Lord Ludtke ]