Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 04:27 PM   #1
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

I have both instructions for adding sound files to BG2-SOA and for IWD/HOW. But I am kinda stuck. What I want to do is add the sound files for the three new female voices from HOW to BG2-SOA. But HOW has subfolders where BG2 has the files sitting in the directory. When I add the files to the sounds directory, I can choose them in Character Creation but in game if I click my PC, the same sound/line comes up. So I go into to change sounds in game and no sound can be heard from the HOW files...

Please, will some one outline the easiest, best way to add the HOW female sounds to BG2??
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Make sure the files are in the right format, they should be 16 Khz, 16 bit mono wavs. then make sure they have the right names. IIRC, HoW has fewer wavs per character, so you might have to double some up. the details of the correct file names are given in readme.txt.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:24 AM   #3
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Make sure the files are in the right format, they should be 16 Khz, 16 bit mono wavs. then make sure they have the right names. IIRC, HoW has fewer wavs per character, so you might have to double some up. the details of the correct file names are given in readme.txt.

All the HOW sound files are the same as the SOA file sin terms of khz and mono. There are actually more HOW files than the equivalent of SOA files...Mean for HOW female 1 there are 4 Battle Cries to 1 in SOA...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Ick. That makes it tough. Assuming the filenames are in the correct form - and assuming you havent made shortcuts to the sound files instead of copying them, which sometimes happens - try renaming one of the files into one of the existing soundsets. IE rename an acknowledgement into the sound set your character uses, see if that works.

Do the BG2 files work with HoW?

either way you can email me a set if you want and ill try to get them to work with BG2 on my machine. Better yet, send a male set, I dont usualy play females. A complete BG2 set is ~300K, so its not to big to email around. also post or PM the table of what filenames equate to which sounds, or ill never be able to sort them out.