Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Was playing last night in the Shadow Ruins, and at one point on the islands, the video crapped out. I could still see the islands, but the display was all purplish, and lots of the details were missing. Nothing seemed to fix the problem while in the game... and I couldn't find my way out to see if a change in map would fix it.

I did learn that if you go over the edge of those islands, you will die... no questions asked

Reloading the save game fixed it (without having to restart DL), but it was ugly for a bit

Just thought I'd share...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds very scary!!!!

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Red's mummified brothers [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was a little un-nerving. For those who've seen it before, it's like when one of the primary colors stops working on a display. All of a sudden there's no yellow, and everything looks different.

It was even cooler because not only were the colors missing, there were ghostly images of the landscape. Three piles of rocks next to both shadow gates, and so on. A whole lot of fun, lemmetellya!

Fortunately, it was fixed after one reload.
-+-+-+
Old 06-28-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Happened again last night. No real clue or explanation, but it was in the shadow islands again.

I'll be happy to be done with that dungeon... too much physical coordination required on my part.
-+-+-+