Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
Keal

This is just going to be a fun battle and conversasion rpg. You are on this island, but you don't know how you got there, or if there is anything else but this Island, you just have always been here.

All you have to do is describe what you look like, say what (wooden or plastic) weapon you have (if you want one), and don't god mode. I'll start out.

Blonde spiked hair, black sleeveles vest, white t-shirt, black shorts, 5'4", 14 strong, and usually has a wooden sword.

Keal walks out his wooden beach shack and shouts, "Bye mom! I'll be back after dark." "Ok, bring home some fish please." replies Keal's mom. "I'll try." He begins to go to the cove, when a strange man docks his boat on the shore and says "Hey kid come here!" Keal stares at the man for a little bit, then continues. "Kid come hear." says the man again. "Leave me alone old man." shouts the boy. "I said come here" The man blurts out as he charges at keal. Quickly he wacks the man on the head, making the man fall down, spits at him and says "Look I don't know where your from, or what your doing here, but this is my Island and I don't want to see your ugly face here again! Now leave!" The man grunts and quickly leaves on his boat.
Soon enough keal forgets about the man and resumes his walk to the cove.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Welcome KEAL!!!
A Fellow NC'er is always welcome.

Larry

5'11", dark brown hair, blue jeans and a black shirt, normal build

Larry sat on his poarch watching the seagulls dip into the water, grabbing at the fish that were unlucky enough to be spotted, when he saw a man and a boy arguing. He had seen them before, but never bothered to find out much about them. Larry usually kept to himself and had few friends, even on an island this small.

Pretty soon he felt himself getting sleepy and did not want to waste the day away snoozing, so he got up, and walked to the edge of his property, picked up his staff that was leaning against a tree and began to practice his agility in a new move he had been trying to master.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
Keal

As many seagulls catch their fish and drop them off at their nests, Keal sneaks up to a palm tree and begins to climb. When the seagulls fly away again the young teen steals about 3 fish, quickly slides down, wraps them up in a cloth, and puts them in a cold cave to keep the fish cool and fresh.

Keal gets to the cove and watches the boy try to master a probably useful skill. "Hey do you want to see something cool?" Keal asks as he runs down to the other boy's property. The boy begins to act like he's fighting someone. The boy's bo (that's the proper name for a staff/martial arts stick/rod) Nearly hits Keal, but luckily he ducks and parries the accidental attack. "Hey kid, what's your name, and would you like to go a couple rounds?"

[ 06-11-2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Keal ]
Keal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry

"Well, you seem to be quite a challenging opponent, so sure! I need the practice. I get tired of beating up trees."

Larry stands back a few feet and warms up his arms by spinning the 6 foot pole of ash wood, tapered to 1 & 1/4 inch ends. Finally assuming the position of readiness, he glares at his opponent, ready to see if his training has paid off.

"Make your move."
Old 06-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I'd be interested in joining. Would you mind if I use a character which was used in a roleplay which ended because the dm was not available?
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #6
Keal

ooc makes no difference to me.

Keal says, "Finally, I can fight someone different than my sisters." Keal whips his sword around his body and quickly attacks the boy's lower leg. "I'm Keal, I still don't know what your name is."
Old 06-14-2004, 08:57 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry

Larry sweeped low, not expecting his opponent to take such a risky move on the first attempt. His Bo passed from right to left, in the move to make Keal's sword-arm swing wide, and in the next twist of his wrist he came in with the other end of the Bo to aim at Kea's exposed left-side neck.

"I'm Larry"!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:12 AM   #8
Keal

Keal leans forword, dodging the original attack, kicks up at larry's stomach, then ducks to avoid the follow through. "Ok larry, throw somethin else at me.

[ 06-14-2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Keal ]
Old 06-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry takes the hit to the stomach, though was able to catch his breath in time to not lose it. He still took the hit and stumbled backward three paces.

"Great shot! See if you can get away from this one!"

Larry spins the Bo around several times, finally coming down with as much speed as he could get into the down-arc, but knows that his opponent would expect such a natural opening, so in anticipation of the parry, Larry stopped the downward swing before contact, twisted the bo around to come in for a gut jab.

If the jab was successful, he'd spin the other end of the six-foot stick around to connect with his head that would be at mid-level from the jab after doubling over, or if he missed the jab, his opponent would probably roll to the right or left, and Larry needed to watch for the subtle hint in which way he'd lead the roll.

OOC>>>Time lapse of that move and sequential thought processes...2 seconds I just wanted to be as accurate and detailed as I could. I don't have to be if you say nay.

[ 06-15-2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 PM   #10
Keal

OOC/ Larry's ok, but dplax, that's a little too old, unless you want to be our enemy, on the first post the old guy was a sailor so...

Keal continuesly jumps back, dodging most of the attack, but gets hit in the arm. "Your not bad, maybe we should team up and go against the other islanders, or we can just do it this way." (if more people don't begin to come I might make some npc enemies.) Keal does a five attack combo, a swipe across Larry's chest, a stab at his stomach, an attempt at his legs, and a powerful fliping attack twards Larry's upper body.