Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I saw this DVD to rent and realized that is was made by the same paul thomas anderson that did magnolia, which i thought was exellent. Even before I realized that anderson directed it I had heard a lot about adam sandler in it, how he did a really good job and how it was much different from his normal roles. I just wondered if anyone else saw this movie and if so what you had to say about it.
thanks
-as

[ 07-03-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 07-03-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I saw it last wk,kinda strange but not bad.If your an Adam Sandler fan(like his usual fare) you may not like it.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
I saw it last wk,kinda strange but not bad.If your an Adam Sandler fan(like his usual fare) you may not like it.
I saw it this weekend, it wasn't bad, but different. You defiantly have to keep an open mind. I kept getting the impression that the director must have been on drugs or something when he made it.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I watched it with my mom, and I believe she didn't understand hardly any of it. My aunt gave me her review as well, "One of the worst I have ever seen."

Have you ever seen Memento? It's kind like that; in that you get totally lost if you don't understand what's happening.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

This movie has to be the worst I've ever seen, and I mean that in all sincerity. Completely banal scenes, uninteresting dialogue, and just thoroughly unentertaining in general. Those weird colour scenes made me feel like I was suffering from epilepsy - I thought the director must've been a complete marijuana addict. To top it off, I can't stand Adam Sandler's face - he's just so goofy looking. It's easily the weirdest film I've ever seen.

[ 07-09-2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

actually the worst movie I've ever seen was the talented mister ripley, Punch Drunk Love was different, good but different, with alot of scenes that just leave you asking yourself WTF is he thinking...
Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have seen worse than Punch Drunk. My most horrid memory was "The Piano".
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

the worst movie I've ever had the misfortune of viewing was "Driven" stallone's try at writing a serious race car movie. I think that short description should pretty much sum up while it was the worst movie ever. Did I mention this is a stallone written movie about racing?