Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

In the broadest sense of the phrase...

Does anyone feel they have a purpose - 'on a mission' so to speak.

I feel like I am meant to entertain people with music, which I do to a certain extent, although not as much as I thought I would. This is a feeling beyond just what I like doing, it's what I feel I must do.

Who else feels this way?

(Please be coniderate with replies as I'm asking people to display something that's central to their being.)
Old 08-21-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I had a problem in SoA and went searching the web for tips and hints, it brought me here, and the rest is no secret !
Or did you mean why am i on this planet ?

[ 08-21-2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 08-21-2002, 10:10 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I feel there is some purpose there for me, but unfortunately I don't know what it is. I tend to feel it is more of a learning purpose, as what do I have really to offer anyone? hmmm, not much! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-21-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

I must admit to feeling confused towards the concept of a specific purpose I must achieve before my death. I feel there is something I must do, but do not know what it is or even know what to do to find out. Does everyone get that?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:17 PM   #5
Deathbringer

I feel that everyone was put here for a reason, whether it be to entertain, make someone else's life happy, paint something famous, set an example, whatever... I just don't know what i am here for yet , Maybe to reply to this post lol.

Old 08-21-2002, 10:23 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I feel there is some purpose there for me, but unfortunately I don't know what it is. I tend to feel it is more of a learning purpose, as what do I have really to offer anyone? hmmm, not much! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not much ? I thought you were a good cook ?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:31 PM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I personally don't think there is a strict *reason* for why anyone is here. My personal belief is that life is an accidental reproductive chemical process which has able to grow and develope upon itself, and one such life configuration (the human breed) has developed a sufficiently complex thought processor (brain) to begin contemplating it's own existance. Now, I don't believe there to be any real reason for life being here, I think it just 'occured' under favourable physical and chemical cicumstances a long long long long time ago. But hell, I aint complaining, I much prefer having my atoms configured to being a thinking, breathing, 'living' organism as opposed to a rock or a cloud or a river.
Now there will undoubtedly be great and fatal flaws in my beliefs and logic, but ah well. Such is 'life'.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:17 AM   #8
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I think for those that do feel something, the way you find out, is life itself...
Searching and discovering your passions, trying out new things, being open to new ideas.
I find it's good to do some things you're afraid of, and not put off stuff out of laziness, apathy etc...
I know a number of people who've started out blind in some area or path, through conviction alone and have reaped many rewards they didn't even know were there.
I'd like to be more like that I think, living boldly and confrontationally (to myself).
Old 08-22-2002, 05:23 AM   #9
Moni

I am here to suffer...to pay for all misdeeds in past lives in full so that I can leave this one with a clean slate.

I am here to learn how to be adventurous on my own, to try things I should be afraid of and to do them again if I don't get hurt really really bad and thought they were fun.

I am here to learn patience with a$$holes and idiots, to experience love to its fullest degree and to develop grace enough to keep my balance, both physically and in life.

I am here to reap the rewards of giving rather than taking, to lend a hand where I can and to help find one when I can't.

I am here to feed the cats & dogs, the birds, and the squirrels and to give the toads and lizards safe haven.

Old 08-22-2002, 05:58 AM   #10
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I'm here cause they know better and won't have me anywhere else. I'm hiding actually....and hoping not to be foud!