Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #1
The Trickster
Manshoon

You may have seen my thread a while ago (In think it was under Aviendha) about me not receiving my DVDs that I ordered from DVD.COM

Well, I have emailed them about 10 times, and faxed them twice, and they still have not responed in any way. It has been 4 months since they charged my credit card for the dvd and I've received nothing.

Their website has only email and fax details, but no phone number. It does have an address though!

5890 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016

Is there anyone that lives close to this address or, does someone know a way to get a phone number for the company. They don't seem to be listed under dvd.com on any of the directory websites I've tried.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm beyond angry now. Every day I check my mailbox, my fax, and my email, just hoping for some response, but their is nothing!

Ben.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:21 PM   #2
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Sorry I live on the eastern coast. I would help you if I could. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:29 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

First, call your credit card and report it. That's a good solve-all. They'll investigate it. You'll either hear something from the company or get your money back. Plus, you can chuckle knowing DVD.com had to pay a 2-3% "chargeback" fee to Visa/MC. That's a good first, and perhaps only, step.

As for locating them, try:
www.whitepages.com
www.yellowpages.com

and then let me know how things look.

Best of luck.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Try this link. It is for the Southland Better Business Bureau.
Maybe they can help you. Best of luck!

http://www.bbbsouthland.org/
Old 10-16-2002, 07:33 PM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

And don't wait any longer... many credit cards only give you 90 days to dispute a charge, quicker the better for getting your money back.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:39 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I called 4-1-1 information, and they said that the name of the real company is DVD Express.
Their phone number is 310-202-7646.
Let me know if I can do anything else for you...
like call them and cuss them out till I'm blue in the face.

[ 10-16-2002, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Here's a ling with some phone numbers and names. It's a little old, but it might work.
http://moneycentral.hoovers.com/msn/...,59580,00.html
Old 10-16-2002, 08:02 PM   #8
The Trickster
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I called 4-1-1 information, and they said that the name of the real company is DVD Express.
Their phone number is 310-202-7646.
Let me know if I can do anything else for you...
like call them and cuss them out till I'm blue in the face.
Thanks everyone for your help!

Larry, you're an absolute legend. I'm going to ring them and open up a can of whoopass on them.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:45 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I hope you will let me know how it went.
I am willing to help, if possible.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:46 PM   #10
The Trickster
Manshoon

I can't believe this!!!!!!!

I've called the number twice during what I consider to be California work hours, and I get an automatic response. If I want customer service, I should email orders@dvd.com. I've emailed that address 8 times already over the last 4 months, with no response. Then it tells me that if I want to speak to an operator, dial 0. I dial 0 and I get another message telling me to leave a message. I left a message yesterday, and they haven't responded to it again!

Does anyone know any really big guys in suits?