Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Has anyone see all three parts? IMO this is one(if not the best) movies in history. Good story,deep characters,vendetta...
What do you think?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
Finn
The Magister

<font color="white">Right on Xen! The Godfather 1 & 2 are excellent! Great storyline and subject matter to boot. Not too sure about Part 3 though.

The book is even better! Actually, the flashback scenes of young Vito Corleone(played by Robert Deniro) from Part 2 were discribed and narrated in the book itself. I suppose they didn't have enough time in the first movie to tell that part of the story. Thus, saving it for part 2(and one of the BEST part too if I might add). The movie stayed very faithful to the original book. Almost every scene, every detail....

Luca Brasi was a riot! My two favourite characters in both the book and the movies without a doubt are Tom Hagen and young Vito Corleone.

Until this very day, no other Mafia/gangster movie has ever come close to what The Godfather is all about. [img]graemlins/pimpser.gif[/img]

</font color>
Old 06-21-2003, 11:23 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

True,true...but I didn`t read the book yet. I still have to. But the movie parts are great
Old 06-21-2003, 01:19 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, if you check around, there is a boxed set containing the first two movies, but edited differently. Instead of flashing back the whole time, it adds in scenes cut from the original films and puts the whole thing in chronological order. Thus, it starts with Vito as a child, showing his rise to power, and ends with Michael having Fredo killed. It is 8 hours over 3 VHS tapes (don't know if it is on DVD or not). Some people prefer the flashbacks, other prefer seeing the story in order.

Either way, the first two were just awesome (the third was alright, but not up to the standard of the first two IMHO).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

My favourite scene is when Michael becomes the Godfather in curch,and all heads of the five familes are killed-Tagtalia,Mo greene,...
Old 06-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

My favorite scene is when Sonny kicks the ---- out of his brother-in-law for beating his sister..Especially when he smacks him with the trash can lid and kicks him..I had friends like Sonny when I was a kid in Cleve...long time ago
Old 06-22-2003, 01:07 AM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
My favourite scene is when Michael becomes the Godfather in curch,and all heads of the five familes are killed-Tagtalia,Mo greene,...
Yeah, that is my favorite scene, too. It just shows how ruthless yet intelligent Michael is.

The runner up for me is when Vito (Robert DeNiro version) does in his predecessor during the parade.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote