Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   rants (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83969)

lethoso 01-31-2003 06:37 AM

just wondering if anyone has seen any good rants on the internet lately that they beleive are amusing? If so please share [img]smile.gif[/img] below is one from another forum i visit a little....

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=25767

gaunty 01-31-2003 11:51 AM

yes there a lot gay faggs out hear, who just HATE the idea of being lumped with
petifiles and chathalic priests.

Timber Loftis 01-31-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gaunty:

Gay fags? Are there other kinds? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, well, I heard a great Will & Grace quote last night:

"I hate places where everyone judges you."
"It's a GAY BAR you moron."
:D :D :D :D

Talthyr Malkaviel 01-31-2003 07:10 PM

Quote:

Hmm... I wonder why ever that might be.
I can't see why people with a different sexual orientation would even contemplate objecting to being grouped with child abusers and molesters.

Also... when did all catholic priests become a group that it is bad to be associated with? There's definitely problems, but no-one can say that every single catholic priest on the planet is a paedophile.

Sorry if the sarcasm here is undue, but the way I interpreted your post, it seemed you were making those remarks disparagingly, if I'm wrong call me cynical- and I do hope I'm wrong in this case.

Melusine 01-31-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Hmm... I wonder why ever that might be.
I can't see why people with a different sexual orientation would even contemplate objecting to being grouped with child abusers and molesters.

Also... when did all catholic priests become a group that it is bad to be associated with? There's definitely problems, but no-one can say that every single catholic priest on the planet is a paedophile.

Sorry if the sarcasm here is undue, but the way I interpreted your post, it seemed you were making those remarks disparagingly, if I'm wrong call me cynical- and I do hope I'm wrong in this case.

Talthy, well put! I wasn't even sure if there *was* a right reply to that, especially keeping in mind what I've seen of Gaunty's earlier posts.

[ 01-31-2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Gabrielles blades 01-31-2003 07:59 PM

im prety sure in england a fag is the name used for cigarettes

Melusine 01-31-2003 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
im prety sure in england a fag is the name used for cigarettes
LOL, so what's your point? He was talking about a cheerful cigarette maybe? Then what's a petifile? A kind of underskirt or something, perhaps. Chathalic priests? Priests who purify and cleanse themselves with alcohol? :D
Nah, considering the fact that according to his profile, Gaunty is not even British, I'll stick to the other meaning. ;)

Gabrielles blades 01-31-2003 08:44 PM

mine was in reply to timber who asked if there was any other kind of fag

Larry_OHF 01-31-2003 08:46 PM

<font color=skyblue>The last time I used those words on this forum...three people reported me to the Webmaster, and I was jumped by every moderator on the website! I received PMs demanding that I apologize for being vulgar, and that I should be punished or lose my moderatorship, or be suspended by saying those words.

It'll be interesting to see if times have changed. Very interesting.</font>

Cloudbringer 01-31-2003 08:50 PM

Quote:

Gaunty, you've been a way a while so I'm going to remind you that Ironworks is not a place for namecalling, persecution or disaparaging others for their gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. So this is a reminder to kindly refrain from using spiteful or offensive terminology when referring to others who's preferences don't mirror your own.

I don't want to see you use the word 'fagg' or any variation of it unless you are legitimately discussing tobacco products or smoking such products. ;) OK?

The rules say : <font color="white">Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from abusive or hateful language, while cussing isn't censored, please don't direct the words towards someone in a hateful or demeaning way. </font>

Please keep them in mind, thank you.