Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Wry Take On The Issue Of Quintesson Avatars (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91659)

Xen 09-17-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xen:
I am neutral about that avatar. The avatar that was annyoing for me was that big Iron Throne. Or the Red/Emerald Dragon hell. But I spammed as hell to get past it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Xen, might I give you some friendly advice? Keep this kind of information to yourself - the last bloke who openly admitted spamming for ranks (may have even been Rikard on that link I provided) lost 1000 posts off his post count. You don't want to go back to the Iron Throne again mate. :D

And Mel, language please. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Sure thing Memnoch. I had a little chat with Cloudbringer about it and we settled it. She gave me some good advices.

Pirengle 09-17-2004 03:15 PM

I'm not a moderator. I can only make a stand as a poster who has access to a decent image editing program. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah told me that it's now 300 posts as Quintesson. I'm still going to try to get rid of that avatar as fast as I can. Three hundred posts in one week? Even Xen will bow to the Spammaster.

EDIT: Just read Memnoch and Xen's exchange. :D I only post regularly on two boards at Ironworks. I wonder what will happen if I post regularly on, say twnety boards. ;)

[ 09-17-2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]

Dron_Cah 09-17-2004 09:25 PM

Well, Pirengle, I had Quintesson, for probably 2 weeks, I think. You tell me. :D (though, I refrained from using the CE forum, except for a very rare post. That would be a very easy way to do it in a week, along with the others.) ;)

wellard 09-17-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hmmmm... the person who inspired me to make this thread has not posted yet. Maybe I should be direct and send a PM. :D
Ive tried hard to work this one out .... is it Larry? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Ziroc 09-18-2004 01:04 AM

Weeeeeelllll.... If you don't like those hammers, I COULD demote ya.. Then you can have a change of avatars, :D :D :D Huuummmm???? :D ;)

Ziroc 09-18-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Just in case my original post caused any misunderstandings, I am not complaining about having 4 hammers. I was just being dramatic. ;)
Un huh... SURE you were.. ;)

Hivetyrant 09-18-2004 09:46 AM

OMG Ziroc Double Posted!!!!! call a moderator now :D

Oh and Wellard, are you bieng serious??? I think the person who inspired this thread has posted in it already, look about 6 posts up, im not trying to name names or anything [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnny 09-18-2004 09:50 AM

I think my avatar is unique, i haven't seen anyone else with the same one. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 09-18-2004 09:54 AM

Sigmar...uh lots of us had heard of RA! LOL Anyone who's ever read up on Egypt or seen a television documentar on mummies, the pyramids or ancient Egyptian society has most likely had a passing acquaintance with the name. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like the Egyptian gods avatars! Quintesson and Scaredy Aphophis...well, let's just say I had less positive reactions to those! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Attalus 09-18-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I think my avatar is unique, i haven't seen anyone else with the same one. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Timber has it, and earned it on CE. That's some hardship posting.

johnny 09-18-2004 10:26 AM

I stand corrected, but like i said, I didn't see anyone else with the same avatar. There may be a hundred others, but that wouldn't be the only thing i overlook. :D

Sigmar 09-18-2004 11:03 AM

I think mods oughta get Johnny's and Timber's Hammer Avatar, looks pretty nifty, and those dull hammers the mods have are SO past their sell by date. :D

Hivetyrant 09-18-2004 11:05 AM

I think a powerfull god like person with lightning raining down on the newbies would look cool for the Mods.

Sigmar 09-18-2004 11:09 AM

...like Zeus. :D

You could replace the newbies with...trolls.

Y'know, to maintain political correctness.

Edit-Come to think about it, I can't remember the last time there was a troll on IW, seriously, I'm not exaggerating! :D

[ 09-18-2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Hivetyrant 09-18-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
I can't remember the last time there was a troll on IW, seriously, I'm not exaggerating! :D
Oh oh, now you've gone and jinxed us :D
There are sure to be trolls a plenty now. :D

SecretMaster 09-18-2004 02:33 PM

I remember the Emerald Dragon. I still shudder to think about how long that took to get out.

Cloudbringer 09-18-2004 03:04 PM

Zeus, huh? That'd mean we'd all have thunderbolts. ;)

Attalus 09-18-2004 03:13 PM

You already have thunderbolts, Cloudy. Anyway, Memnoch has his genie, and his hammer gif. that's pretty threatening. [img]graemlins/lightning.gif[/img]

Sigmar 09-18-2004 03:25 PM

Nothing like "good ol' fire in the sky" to put the fear of God in a simple forumite! :D

Still admit it guys, those dull egg-shell cracking hammers have gotta go!

Ziroc 09-18-2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

I think mods oughta get Johnny's and Timber's Hammer Avatar, looks pretty nifty, and those dull hammers the mods have are SO past their sell by date. :D
Pfff.. I drew them and think they rule, punk! :D I do plan on making an animated hammer for the mods.. It'll be awesome!

Cloudbringer 09-18-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigmar:

Pfff.. I drew them and think they rule, punk! :D I do plan on making an animated hammer for the mods.. It'll be awesome! </font>[/QUOTE]Oh yah...MOTION and hammer= gooooooooooood stuff! Now all we gotta do is figure a way to add the 'clank' sound when the hammer connects with a troll poster... bwahahahahaha! :D

[ 09-18-2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Dundee Slaytern 09-19-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hmmmm... the person who inspired me to make this thread has not posted yet. Maybe I should be direct and send a PM. :D

Ive tried hard to work this one out .... is it Larry? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Nope, but she has posted in this thread already. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah 09-19-2004 12:57 AM

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I know who it is!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

Gangrell 09-19-2004 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
And yet you neglect to reveal the name, hmmm [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaradu:
Hmm... I don't think mods should change avatars; the last thing we need are them spamming!
Does it strike anyone as odd that most of the mods have the highest post counts in Ironworks? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: quotes

[ 09-19-2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]

Kakero 09-19-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Any prize for you knowing who it is? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
Does it strike anyone as odd that most of the mods have the highest post counts in Ironworks?
I was wondering about it for quite sometime. Any mods care to explain this "phenomenon" and probably sharing a few hints and tips of obtaining such thing as well? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 09-19-2004, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]

wellard 09-19-2004 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

Oh and Wellard, are you bieng serious??? I think the person who inspired this thread has posted in it already, look about 6 posts up, im not trying to name names or anything [img]tongue.gif[/img]

OK i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But if it was not obvious to me, would it be to subtle for him [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

wellard 09-19-2004 07:35 AM

Hang on if its a girl then it must be Sigmar ... wait! hang on, Sigmar is a he errr maybe errrr Ross? Cloudster? ahhhhhh bugger my little brain is confused. I'm going for a lie down :D

Sigmar 09-19-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Hang on if its a girl then it must be Sigmar ... wait! hang on, Sigmar is a he
o_O

Where in the hell did that comment come from? :D

Edit-I'd just like to say this is perhaps the funniest thread I've participated in, in a while :D

Also that Pirengle's gotta nice sig.

[ 09-19-2004, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

wellard 09-19-2004 07:55 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellard:

o_O

Where in the hell did that comment come from? :D

Edit-I'd just like to say this is perhaps the funniest thread I've participated in, in a while :D

Also that Pirengle's gotta nice sig.
</font>[/QUOTE]It's sept 19th ... pick on Sigmar day :D

or is it talk like a pirate... now i'm all confused [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Dave_the_quack 09-19-2004 08:25 AM

I wouldnt mind the quintesson avatar for a while... if it meant that I could jump to it from Manshoon [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Where can I find out what the heck all the avatars mean/are/other stuff?

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-19-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Hang on if its a girl then it must be Sigmar ... wait! hang on, Sigmar is a he errr maybe errrr Ross? Cloudster? ahhhhhh bugger my little brain is confused. I'm going for a lie down :D
HEH! :D

Well I'm thinking we should all salute mouse, for maintaining such a low post count! <tt>and he's from Aberdeen</tt> [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Stratos 09-19-2004 08:35 AM

Dave, click on the Rules and Regulations button at the top of the page. There's an description of most of the avatars there.

[ 09-19-2004, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]

Dave_the_quack 09-19-2004 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
Dave, click on the Rules and Regulations button at the top of the page. There's an description of most of the avatars there.
Thanks buddy... I knew about this though. What I was getting at is I have no idea what a "magister" is, or a "manshoon" lol. I guess Im Forgotten Realms retarded... Or wherever most of these avatars come from :D

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-19-2004 09:13 AM

Well, maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't think that Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice or Scared Apophis,is a forgotten realms character! :D

Hivetyrant 09-19-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stratos:

Thanks buddy... I knew about this though. What I was getting at is I have no idea what a "magister" is, or a "manshoon" lol. I guess Im Forgotten Realms retarded... Or wherever most of these avatars come from :D </font>[/QUOTE]Most of the avatar names are links, and when you click on them, you get a description.
eg, The Magister
Or Manshoon

Sigmar 09-19-2004 10:00 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigmar:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellard:

o_O

Where in the hell did that comment come from?

Edit-I'd just like to say this is perhaps the funniest thread I've participated in, in a while

Also that Pirengle's gotta nice sig. HINT
</font>[/QUOTE]It's sept 19th ... pick on Sigmar day

</font>[/QUOTE]Damn, I forgot. It's that time of the year... gotta hide [img]graemlins/toilet.gif[/img]

Arrrrrr matey, this blows!

*cough* Allow me to retort,

[img]graemlins/weird_thread.gif[/img]

Well I guess it's official... [img]graemlins/Nothing_funny_to_add.gif[/img]

I'm getting out of here! [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]

[ 09-19-2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Gangrell 09-19-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Well, maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't think that Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice or Scared Apophis,is a forgotten realms character! :D
Neither are the other half dozen egyptian gods for avatars [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Timber Loftis 09-19-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I stand corrected, but like i said, I didn't see anyone else with the same avatar. There may be a hundred others, but that wouldn't be the only thing i overlook. :D
That's okay, J/BB -- I just got it the other day, so you wouldn't have noticed yet anyway.

Dron_Cah 09-19-2004 03:36 PM

Hmm, you guys have a good point. Do I get a cookie for knowing??

Also, you said that the names ar elinks, in our own title, or in the rules and regulations listing?

Dave_the_quack 09-19-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

Neither are the other half dozen egyptian gods for avatars [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]My my... arent we all picky [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL bugger off the lot of ya, im not TOTALLY stoooopid. Also, thanks Hivetyrant, thats really good to know about the descriptions. Your so knowledgable :D