Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Default This is...upsetting...Tech help please?

So...I've tried reinstalling the ole NWN to play with Dron_Cah (and probably on EFU), and...well...I'm having an interesting time of it.

My first install used a platinum edition disk, and my cd-keys, since I couldn't find my own diamond edition...and I had a weird error with all the characters (PC and all NPCs) having no textures and appearing solid black.

...well, I uninstalled, and then reinstalled, after having found my NWN Diamond edition...and now the characters don't appear at all. I see their shadows....if I hover over them, I see the highlight effect...but not my fighter, and not Pavel, and not the other guy right inside the starting area...and I have no idea what to do.

This game ran fine on my old graphics card (a Radeon x800GTO), but with the HD 2600XT, it just has unending glitches that make it unplayable for me.

Other system specs:

Winxp Pro

1.5 Gb of DDR2 RAM

1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

crappy MSI P965 motherboard that I hate so very very much.

...and the latest drivers for everything, regularly updated (properly updated).

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Default Re: This is...upsetting...Tech help please?

Map environment on character turned out to be the culprit here...so those of you thinking about upgrading your graphics card...be warned, if you want to play NWN.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: This is...upsetting...Tech help please?

There's a v1.69 patch in the works for NWN1. It should fix those issues--along with adding a crapload of new content--very surprising for a game that is 5 years old! New tilesets, items, models and such.. gonna be cool!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote