Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2001, 10:29 PM   #11
250
Horus - Egyptian Sky God
 

Join Date: March 4, 2001
Location: either CA or MO
Age: 35
Posts: 2,674
Harkoliar, yep brother, good post

but the professor himself is a moron, the discussion can be more interesting if the professor has more understanding of christianity. he sounds like a kid
250 is offline  
Old 10-29-2001, 11:54 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Monroe, LA
Age: 54
Posts: 7,387
Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Harkoliar, yep brother, good post

but the professor himself is a moron, the discussion can be more interesting if the professor has more understanding of christianity. he sounds like a kid
Yeah, but you wouldn't believe how many professors actually act like that, 250, until you get out there among them.

It's why I have elected to teach at a trade school rather than in a college. Prestige aside, I think it is far better to train people in job and life skills than to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's more rewarding to me, anyway.

Cheers,



------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Sazerac is offline  
Old 10-29-2001, 11:57 PM   #13
250
Horus - Egyptian Sky God
 

Join Date: March 4, 2001
Location: either CA or MO
Age: 35
Posts: 2,674
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Yeah, but you wouldn't believe how many professors actually act like that, 250, until you get out there among them.

It's why I have elected to teach at a trade school rather than in a college. Prestige aside, I think it is far better to train people in job and life skills than to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's more rewarding to me, anyway.

Cheers,

I believe you
250 is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 12:10 AM   #14
Sir Real
Dungeon Master
 

Join Date: October 9, 2001
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:

Hmmm... Natural Selection is easily proved. Evolution involving amoebas becoming primates or a big bang creating a perfect universe...these are in no way proven.
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
Sir Real is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 12:12 AM   #15
250
Horus - Egyptian Sky God
 

Join Date: March 4, 2001
Location: either CA or MO
Age: 35
Posts: 2,674
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
and what does that mean? mr. big words?
250 is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 12:19 AM   #16
Sir Real
Dungeon Master
 

Join Date: October 9, 2001
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
and what does that mean? mr. big words?
1)I'm a smartass.
2)I can't be bothered to spell tings right.
3)That if you took a sample of homo-sapin(Human that existed before us) and tested his DNA it would only be 1.5% deriffent from ours (Homo-sapin-sapin) is today and the one before that would be slimmer to that one and so on down the fossil record.
4)that professer is really, really bad at this job. I've can spot lots of points were he could of put a hole in the 'students' theory.

[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-29-2001).]
Sir Real is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 01:21 AM   #17
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard
 

Join Date: October 2, 2001
Location: Manhattan,KS USA
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
1)I'm a smartass.
2)I can't be bothered to spell tings right.
3)That if you took a sample of homo-sapin(Human that existed before us) and tested his DNA it would only be 1.5% deriffent from ours (Homo-sapin-sapin) is today and the one before that would be slimmer to that one and so on down the fossil record.
4)that professer is really, really bad at this job. I've can spot lots of points were he could of put a hole in the 'students' theory.


[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-29-2001).]
Show me irrefutable proof that a homo sapin (whateva that is) is a human that came before us.
And tell me what percent difference there is in DNA between you and a cow while you're at it.


[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-30-2001).]
Prime2U is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 01:37 AM   #18
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow
 

Join Date: March 27, 2001
Location: Northport,Alabama, USA
Age: 56
Posts: 3,577
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
I'll have to see the evidence on that one (studies). How long does DNA survive in a viable form? How long before DNA degrades to the point that our tests are unreliable? What is the differance in percent of human DNA and say chimpanzee? So we are close (humans and chimps) does that mean one came from the other?
What is the percent differance of DNA inorder to quailify species as being seperate species?



------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
John D Harris is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 02:02 AM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth
 

Join Date: March 5, 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
I'll have to see the evidence on that one (studies). How long does DNA survive in a viable form? How long before DNA degrades to the point that our tests are unreliable? What is the differance in percent of human DNA and say chimpanzee? So we are close (humans and chimps) does that mean one came from the other?
What is the percent differance of DNA inorder to quailify species as being seperate species?


Yeah, that's what I'm saying. There is no way that they have DNA from back then.


------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
MILAMBER is offline  
Old 10-30-2001, 03:26 AM   #20
sylent
Emerald Dragon
 

Join Date: January 8, 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 33
Posts: 948
Nice post Harkoliar!
Aside from the bickering about whatever else it was.... (religion, the intelect of the professor).... I really liked that tale

------------------
"Watch your back"
sylent is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Passion Of Christ Daniel_M Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) 22 11-25-2004 04:42 AM
The Easter Bunny and the reserection of Christ. TheCrimsomBlade General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 20 04-08-2004 02:14 PM
The Passion of The Christ Rokenn Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) 4 12-20-2003 06:16 PM
Who did Nostradamus ID as the 3rd anti-Christ? Ronn_Bman General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 42 01-30-2003 04:13 PM
For the love of Christ!!!!!!!!!! Mordigan Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast 4 02-08-2001 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved