Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #11
skier9205
Manshoon
 

Join Date: May 30, 2001
Location: DELETED
Posts: 246
Does it matter where you store your stuff???

I keep my stuff in the bookcases behind Ribald at the Adventurers Mart. It won't get stolen, will it?
skier9205 is offline  
Old 11-24-2001, 02:34 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Breukelen (over the river from New Amsterdam)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,226
quote:
Originally posted by skier9205:
Does it matter where you store your stuff???

I keep my stuff in the bookcases behind Ribald at the Adventurers Mart. It won't get stolen, will it?



In terms of roleplay integrity yes.

Would you leave your valuables down the road in a cupboard of a supermarket?

Would you leave them in a garbage bin by the side of the road?

No the game won't have them "stolen", but are we roleplaying here or what?

If I were a Palladin, I wouldn't own anything, but the spare weapons I did, I'd want them in my cell at the Order.
__________________

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline  
Old 11-24-2001, 05:47 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis
 

Join Date: October 19, 2001
Location: New York
Age: 31
Posts: 4,666
I did what Skier did, after all, it is the most frequent place you visit for SoA.
SecretMaster is offline  
Old 11-24-2001, 10:42 PM   #14
Magness
Quintesson
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Posts: 1,025
I like to store my loose gear behind the A-mart near a barrel of yellow fruit (?). There's a circular medallion on the wall that is a great storage spot. I like it because it is SO close to the A-mart that if I want to sell off some of my collected junk, it's just a short walk to the store, rather than a major hike.

The only exception to this was when I played an Archer, I stored some stuff in my ranger cabin stronghold while I was cleaning up the quests on the "eastern" side of the world map. Once those quests were completed, I loaded up my junk and headed back to the big city, sold off the junky stuff and stored the good stuff in my storage spot described above.

It really makes things easier to keep your storage spot near a good store.
Magness is offline  
Old 11-25-2001, 05:54 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Breukelen (over the river from New Amsterdam)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,226
quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
I like to store my loose gear behind the A-mart near a barrel of yellow fruit (?). There's a circular medallion on the wall that is a great storage spot. I like it because it is SO close to the A-mart that if I want to sell off some of my collected junk, it's just a short walk to the store, rather than a major hike.

The only exception to this was when I played an Archer, I stored some stuff in my ranger cabin stronghold while I was cleaning up the quests on the "eastern" side of the world map. Once those quests were completed, I loaded up my junk and headed back to the big city, sold off the junky stuff and stored the good stuff in my storage spot described above.

It really makes things easier to keep your storage spot near a good store.



There's a market in the Umar Hills.
__________________

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline  
Old 11-25-2001, 07:49 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: February 28, 2001
Location: Boston/Sydney
Posts: 11,759
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:


In terms of roleplay integrity yes.

Would you leave your valuables down the road in a cupboard of a supermarket?

Would you leave them in a garbage bin by the side of the road?

No the game won't have them "stolen", but are we roleplaying here or what?

If I were a Palladin, I wouldn't own anything, but the spare weapons I did, I'd want them in my cell at the Order.



Dead right. I would probably keep the paladin's items in some spare chest at the Order HQ. It's very annoying that you can't sleep in your room - it must have something to do with there being "no rest for the goodly folk!"
__________________


Memnoch is offline  
Old 11-25-2001, 11:47 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: June 10, 2001
Location: Pasir Ris, Singapore
Age: 34
Posts: 11,063
Balderdash has a patch which fixes the bug that disallowed Paladins from resting in their own stronghold.
Dundee Slaytern is offline  
Old 11-25-2001, 04:59 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Breukelen (over the river from New Amsterdam)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,226
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Balderdash has a patch which fixes the bug that disallowed Paladins from resting in their own stronghold.


Hey! Where? I checked!!! I checked again after this thread! Bloody heck am I blind?!

Are you sure? I don't want to scour the bloody site again....
__________________

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline  
Old 11-25-2001, 05:08 PM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird
 

Join Date: January 7, 2001
Location: Breukelen (over the river from New Amsterdam)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,226
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:


Dead right. I would probably keep the paladin's items in some spare chest at the Order HQ. It's very annoying that you can't sleep in your room - it must have something to do with there being "no rest for the goodly folk!"




LOL!! I thought it was "no rest for the wicked!" [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
__________________

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline  
Old 11-26-2001, 12:29 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: June 10, 2001
Location: Pasir Ris, Singapore
Age: 34
Posts: 11,063
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hey! Where? I checked!!! I checked again after this thread! Bloody heck am I blind?!
Are you sure? I don't want to scour the bloody site again....



It is under the SoA Bugfix list, somewhere at the bottom, here is the download link for your convenience.

http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/SoAf...Stronghold.zip
Dundee Slaytern is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How should Paladin's be used? Sir Degrader Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum 16 01-21-2006 02:18 PM
Private Room at Radiant Heart numba_21 Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal 10 08-12-2003 01:25 AM
Help with Paladin's priest spells trux Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal 1 06-28-2001 03:08 PM
Help: Paladin's Quest (possible spoiler Squirrel's_Avenger Baldurs Gate II Archives 1 01-16-2001 12:04 PM
Need HELP with Paladin's First Test Tony Baldurs Gate II Archives 0 11-30-2000 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved