Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The cleric had led him down to where his sister was, and the sight of her dead body was too much. Gone was the youthful gray skin, replaced by rough leather marred by bubbles where some ghastly poison had eaten away. The twinkle he remembered in her eyes had left, replaced by a blank stare as her eyeballs slowly faded like overripe grapes. All that was missing was a coating of fuzzy mold.

How could he bring her back to their home? How could he ever go home?

Tears welling, he stood up, the chilly air of the temple crypt carrying the stench of death to his nostrils.

Malakai, the temple cleric, looked at him kindly. He'd seen this many times before, always with the same result. People in search of their loved ones, finding the empty husks left behind. Few were those who could afford the complicated rituals that could bring one back from the dead, and fewer still were those willing to risk what damage that time without life could do.

"There is always a chance, my son," said Malakai. "We do have the ability to heal, but it is not cheap."

"How- how much?" asked Forest, trying to hold back a sniffle. He was pretty sure he had 10 gold coins left.

When the cleric gave him the number, his heart sank. His ten coins couldn't raise a rat from the dead, let alone a full-grown Oomphaz. Perhaps they'd at least be enough to bury her.

Sadly, he turned around to the empty husk that was once his sister. He reached down to take her dessicated hand in his to bid farewell. To tell her he hadn't really meant what he'd said and done.

As he looked at her corpse, he saw for the first time the pouch on her side. reaching a hand, he gently opened it... and out spilled a river of gold coins! He didn't know where she'd gotten it from, but there was easily enough there to pay the temple's fees! And she *was* his sister... it's not like he was really stealing from the dead.

His hands trembling, he turned around to the cleric. "Will this be enough?"
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Great! The peasants are back. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
MJG
Dungeon Master

OMG..... a tear to my eyes....
great way to bring them back man

hoping to hear more

MJG

------ hey... i am a dungeon master now ! lol
------ wow ther forums have gone quiet

[ 11-20-2006, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: MJG ]
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #4
DrizztNeo
Welcomed New User

Waiting for more stories. Good job!
DrizztNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Eagle eye
Elminster

Nice to see that the story is still going. I thought it had ended after the last.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I debated ending it there... but I decided to keep it going. I'll be back with updates soon... gotta finish one game of Deadlock II and I'll be back on it.
-+-+-+
Old 02-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In case you've forgotten....
-+-+-+