Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Back gaming after a night off... and what do I see? Peasants dying left and right, all around me!

Next item on the agenda is Shurugeon Castle. Flicker and Periwinkle are close to leveling up, and the rest are far away.

We head out, have the initial discussion with DeSoto (nooooo! Goooooo!) and Periwinkle decides that she'll get a little surprise ready for that batch of demons that comes through the door at the beginning. A few meteors falling from the sky should take care of them... and sure enough, it does. Except for one who got through the door, and another they had to finish off.

Head on through, pick up Galian's scroll (even though the quest is lost), and come back out to deal with that sinister sentry in the pool.

Didja know he likes to cast elemental blast?

Didja know that elemental blast on a batch of peasants is just plain nasty?

First one nearly wiped us out, and the second one killed half the party, including Flicker. You remember her... she's the one who can cast rebirth, and also carries all the rebirth scrolls?

Not to worry... everyone is revived before the sentry is finished off. On to the other critters... like the undead blacksmith. Take care of him, the bone watchman near the evil element... casting burn mostly, and the occasional shock.

On to the coffins... Cankerous bones, contagious cadavers... sword and spell continue to make work of them. Burn, baby, burn...

Oh, look... there's the chain pull puzzle and the evil element... let's go get them shall we?

Wow... who knew that Deathwatch Elite like to cast elemental blast too?

Whoops! Periwinkle ran out of mana for sun spells... oh, look! The next spell in order is meteorstorm!

Crikey! We're in the middle of a meteorstorm! Everyone run!!!!!

The peasants run around the outsides of the pillars, healing and rebirthing as best they can. But it's not enough... and those demonic minions are casting zap or some such thing, and that hurts! Finally they start running on the outside... out in the corridors. At least they're not being followed... although Flicker's gotta be running low on Rebirth scrolls! What have we used... 8? 10? 15? I've lost count...

We finally make our way around and run into Ardibren. And of course, the three wraiths that are waiting to take him out. Good thing Flicker can cast Dispell Undead... and does.

Wow... wraiths can cast Elemental blast too. And it STILL HURTS!!!

More battling, more rebirth scrolls, a handful of vampiric bats, and eventually, they prevail. Flicker and Periwinkle leveled up long ago, and as soon as we get a chance, we're heading back to town. Hopefully, we won't find any glowbugs that join the party and cast Elemental Blast on us! Man, was it getting annoying!

That's all for tonight. More tomorrow as they dig further into the Castle...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
MJG
Dungeon Master

lol u could write a book..... wat a story teller
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Why do they suddenly remind me of a bunch of preteens playing their first D&D game with at "Killer DM"?? lol!!!

Keep the stories coming!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've got to tell you... this is some of the most fun I've had gaming in a while. Because every time I turn around, death is a real possibility... When they finally killed the Deathwatch Elite and Minions in the chain puzzle area, three of the peasants were in the red, and the rest were orange... no one was unscathed. A far cry from a normal game, where nothing can hit you by that point.

And this is with the two warriors having ACs of 17 and 18 -- not shabby by any measure!

As for the stories... I do enjoy them. Read through Missy's adventures up in the library if you want some more interesting stuff. It became more story-like as it went along, with a plot and everything.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote