Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My, oh my... everyone remember the motto of the Gael Serran? Say it with me... They *WILL* hunt you down... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Challenges, challenges tonight... perhaps more than I want. Where to start... ah, yes. We last left our bunch of bums outside Shurugeon Castle, where they were waiting to swim down and open the castle. Samurai skeletons were dispatched, and they nearly drowned before opening the underwater grate.

Head into the keep area and decide to take out the various spirits that are hanging around there. No biggie, right? Flicker's got Dispell Undead, and Gruhntella has a couple of dispell scrolls... no worries

Alas, 'twas not to be. All those spirits were just a little too spread out... one dispell only got one, maybe two spirits. Swords and spells... only they're spelling back... and hitting, too! That zap spell gets really annoying when they keep casting it on you... but bloodied and unbowed, the peasants take out the four spirits... and the six worgurs that joined them.

Time to open the gate... but where is it? And what's that? Who's attacking? Why, it's another group of four spirits! Hey, did we remember to heal up after that first batch? No? NO????

Different battle plan. Skip swords and spells. Go straight to hack and heal... 'cause that's what they did.

They finally get the drawbridge opened, coming down from the tower to take out a couple of trolls and some ratling sneaks. Now, off to see Jathil and deliver his scroll... piece of cake, right?

Whoops! I forgot about that group of swamp mucks that waits for you... and there they are! Oh, lookie... they seem to be immune to stone magic... and sun magic... heck, everything except sword and staff! Start fighting... but there are four of them, and three of 'em keep spewing poison.

Whoops! There goes Eljayess, down for the count. No problem... rebirth spell, Flicker. Success!

Uh-oh. There goes Periwinkle, assuming her favorite dead body position. Rebirth scroll... oh, the heck with it. Time to run back to town, heal up, and get good mana.

Along the way, we encountered mountain spiders, swamp flies, trolls, highland raiders, worgurs... heck, everything there is, just about. Forget the fights... we need to get to town.

Town... we're here! Recharge at the temple, pick up some merlin's shield scrolls. Maybe that will help with the swamp mucks.... but after heading outside to find the swamp mucks hanging around the gates to Ishad N'ha, we discover that Merlin's shield does diddly squat for us. Down goes Lightfingers... and Periwinkle again... RUN!!

They run around the path, trying to attack when they can. Battle plan is simple: fight until you've got 2-3 dead, then retreat and rebirth 'em. Easy as pie, right? Nope. Still dying way too quickly.

Hmmm... let's hide out in Erzebette's cottage! Maybe since it's proof against dragons, it's proof against swamp mucks too. Seems to be working... but now we're stuck! Can't leave... can't hit them from here... can't cast spells... this is not going well.

We try a couple of rounds of inching forward, but when we're close enough to hit, we're close enough to be hit back. Especially with breath blasts.... there goes... aw, heck. I've lost track. Grab another rebirth scroll.

Oh, lookie! One of the mucks decided to go on the other side of the door... now there's no safe place in the house! Out of desperation, we jump on the table. Good! They can't get us... yay!

'Course, we still can't get them... but we're down to hand-to-hand combat.

We straighten up on the table... and then suddenly, we're on Erzebette's roof! We magically passed through the straw thatching... man, that Hephaestus is a clever guy!

The mucks, meanwhile, are trying to circle around to get us. Great! They've finally separated.... and we can take them on one at a time.

We do, and success is imminent. Two mucks have fallen, and life is good... but aren't there four? Where are the other two? We don't know yet... we'll have to find them tomorrow.

In any case, more updates on overall gameplay. The peasants can get quests in Ishad N'ha... but it appears that they have lost the first quests for everyone! All the Shurugeon Castle quests have disappeared from the list, and we're now working on second and third quests. Bummer... the cleric will never get level 7, nor will the warriors. Ghost of Gliebott quest? Gone. Ardibren's relic? Gone. Ardi's journal? Gone. Galian's letter? Gone.

Man... this is more work than I thought!

Well, we'll take the game as it comes... maybe I need to create the peasant game a little differently next time...

More news later... much later...

*edit* Typo, title change

[ 09-07-2006, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Another exciting chapter!!!

Really kewl that you ended up on Erzebette's roof - wouldn't expect that to happen!!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I didn't expect it either... one moment they were inside, the next they were on top [img]smile.gif[/img]

'Twas a helpful glitch, though. Separating the mucks was invaluable.

And I don't know how many rebirth scrolls they went through, but Flitter stocked up on another batch when they went into town. 2500GP each, those critters are... that's a lot of arrows!
-+-+-+
Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

This gets more and more peculiar... And exciting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You could have called this thread:

Too Weaks of Peasants

LOL!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
Law
Dungeon Master

Loved the part, "Hey, did we remember to heal up after that first batch? No? NO????"
I always seem to forget that part.

I once ended on the roof of the Windmill when I climbed the ladder too high. At least you had a shorter drop to get down.

There seems to be a exception to the rule "They *WILL* hunt you down...", if one of your party dies and then you run away far enough, they forget about you and start wondering around until they "see" you again.

Keep 'em coming.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

True enough, Wyv! I changed the title... it was hard finding something for fourteen. Fifteen won't be much easier.

Interesting observation on the exception, Law. I may have to try that out... carrying Periwinkle's dead body, I'm sure
-+-+-+