Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Here are Jerr's stats at the beginning of Shadows of Amn. If you haven't read the first installment, it can be found here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=1;t=003815

Jerr
Neutral Good
Male
Halfling
Fighter/Thief
7/9

Stats:

str 13
dex 19
con 11
int 14
wis 12
cha 16

Weapon Proficiencies:
Short Sword **
Short Bow **
Two Weapon Style **

Chapter One: Tortures Not Meant For Anyone

I awoke to find myself in a cage in a dungeon. Some weird guy kept ranting about my potential, and how he'd bring it about by torture!

"Please let me go, I have a date with Gandolar Luckyfoot!" I pleaded.

"Not until I get my revenge!"

"What revenge!?"

"None of your concern, Child of Bhaal, it's time for more experiments!"

My eyes widened in horror as I saw what he planned to do next to us. Was he mad!? Obviously he was!

"I introduce you to...Noober!!"

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

I clawed at my cage in a futile attempt to escape, but no luck. I thought we had lost this guy in Nashkel. Apparently this dude is one crazy mage. Within and hour, I was about to swallow my own tongue to stop the questions! Thankfully, the mage was told by a Golem that some intruders were entering the complex. Must be Gandolar, mad our date was ruined, I thought to myself.

Crazy Mage felt that Noober's talents would be utilized better along side him. As I sat there, thanking Brandobaris for this brief relief, Imoen approached my cage.

"Imoen! How'd ye get free!?" I asked.

"That mage forgot to lock the cage."

She freed me and we went and found Minsc. Turns out they killed Dynaheir. She will be missed. I told Minsc I couldn't free him, but he got mad and ripped the cage open! Just when he was about to tear me apart, he changed his mind and thought I planned to make him mad on purpose to free himself! I wasn't going to argue the point...

He mentioned he still had Boo, and Imoen and I didn't want to think of how he hid Boo. Boo has a magic Helmet/Torch now though.

Jaheira was easier to free. We found a key for her cage. Then we all equipped ourselves and searched our prison. What's with all of these people in bottles? Does Irenicus have some weird fetish not worth mentioning?

Some Dwarf we encountered attacked us. We found the Mail of the Dead on him, and some acorns. We planned to cook the acorns later, but some Dryads, who told us the mage's name was Irenicus, wanted us to take them to their queen. We agreed, though I'm sure she has plenty of Acorns. After all of that, we entered a room which required a statue we found as the key. Some Djinn wanted a flask, so we got it for him. He had Sarevok's sword on him. If my half-brother were alive, he'd be ranting about how I'm stealing his toys again!

We headed up a level and met a man named Yoshimo. He wanted to join us so we let him, since Khalid was no where to be found. Then...we found Khalid in the next room.

Jaheira vowed vengeance, and I don't blame her. She mentioned quite a few interesting things she'd do to Irenicus when we found him, involving some interesting uses for a spear and his orifices...

Killed a vampire, then a doppleganger, and some more dwarves and thieves.

When we finally get to the surface, Irenicus is there attacking people! Imoen fires Magic Missile, Irenicus kills some wizards, and both get hauled away for using unsanctioned magic. What kind of an ass-backwards city have we landed in!?

Athkatla apparently, according to Jaheira.

The nearest Inn we went to, we encountered a party lead by a dwarf. When we said he shouldn't insult us, he attacked! Thank Silvanus for Jaheira, who had Insect Plague!

We sold some of their items, then I bought myself a Short Sword +2. I miss the Whistling Sword and the Shadow's Blade! WE need to find Immy!

[ 01-16-2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:
Boo has a magic Helmet/Torch now though.

Just read the first stories, looking forward to this!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Two things to note:
'[i]Must be Gandolar, mad our date was ruined,[i] I thought to myself.'
If you want, fix the second one and change it to [/ i]
Also, you're not supposed to know the mage's name is Irenicus until you meet the Dryads, so you might as well refer to him as the crazy mage or something like that until you talk to the dryads.
Good job again [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:
Boo has a magic Helmet/Torch now though.

Just read the first stories, looking forward to this!
[/QUOTE]I take it you got the reference. Poor Boo
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 03-09-2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Two things to note:
'[i]Must be Gandolar, mad our date was ruined,[i] I thought to myself.'
If you want, fix the second one and change it to [/ i]
Also, you're not supposed to know the mage's name is Irenicus until you meet the Dryads, so you might as well refer to him as the crazy mage or something like that until you talk to the dryads.
Good job again [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Thanks, missed that.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:37 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

good story.. do keep up the good work

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice story! Keep up the good work. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #8
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Two: Finder's Keepers Loser's Weepers

We headed to the Slums District where a guy named Gaelan Bayle (Spelling?) asked if my name was Jerr. I can't say no to a chubby guy...I admitted it then expected an attack. He didn't attack, and knows where Imoen is!!!

So we followed him. He says he can find her for 20,000 gold. Like I said, can't say no, so I agreed. What other options do I have?

Eliminster!? Where are you when we need you!?

We went to a local bar to get drunk, but some Noblegirl kept pestering us to save her Keep, and kept saying 'their kind'. Jaheira and I wondered if we should introduce her to Skie. I wonder who would win in a fight...Nalia or Skie?

So I told her we'd help her if she just shut up and let us get drunk!

On the way to the Keep, I attained Arbane's Sword +2 and encountered a group attacking a man. We carried him to the Docks District, and dropped him off with some guy named Rylock.

On the way back to the Keep, we met up with an old friend.

"You, there! Stop at once!"

"Xzar, it's me, Jerr! How was your honeymoon with Montaron?"

"We got kicked out, he kept getting drunk and slaughtering elves!"

He wants me to save Montaron. I said we'd do it later.

At the Keep, we met Daelson, Nalia's 'friend'. I suspect he's more than a friend, and he says he gets paid well for what he does...killing Squirells! Nalia has a squirell-phobia. I made a note to put a squirell in her bedsheets later...

After we did everything we were told to do, we went upstairs, and met Nalia's Aunt Delcia. Jaheira said something about how she should help the Greater Balance by dragging the Lady by the hair and throwing her in the mud. Nalia was impressed by our restraint, though she didn't see me plant some Black Lotus into her aunt's pocket as she walked away. She's in for a surprise when she arrives in Athkatla!

We charmed Glaicus, and he thanked us for saving him.

Then we went downstairs to the basement and planted the Dogstew to lure the Umber Hulks. Thank Brandorbaris for Hide in Shadows and Set Traps!

When we confronted TorGal, he was quite happy to inform us that Lord D'Arnise died during an escaping attempt. As he travelled through the Latrine Tunnels, a wave of fresh Troll Dung crashed down upon him. We killed TorGal, went upstairs, then Nalia offered us the Keep.

Who was I to refuse!? This is much better than my house in Gullykin!!

I met my Commander of my Guards, Major Domo-Arigoto Mister-Roboto. Delcia got mad, as usual, and Jaheira and I changed our minds...we want to see a Delcia VS Skie fight!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:23 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Three: Look At Me, I'm Mae'Var and I Don't Have To Listen To A Child of Bhaal!

Renal Bloodscalp asked us to spy on a thief named Mae'Var. Meh, minus will do it. When I arrived I ended up spending the vast majority of my money on a few items Gorch had.

So I drank some potions of Master Thievery and pick-pocketed any items I wanted.

We then headed to the back, where we met an old thief who was looking for his Rhumatism medicine. We went upstairs, and met a female thief who was very interested in me...until I told her I like guys.

"Why are the good ones taken, or gay?" she asked herself.

She gave us the old man's medicine, and we went back downstairs and gave him it. Although, we accidentally gave him the wrong bottle, a bottle labeled "Aphrodisiac" which we were supposed to give to Mae'Var...

Oops!

We directed him upstairs to the woman, figured he should at least keep her occupied for a while.

When the party met Mae'Var, he seemed preoccupied with torturing his cousin. He asked us to steal a Necklace of Talos for him.

I had planned to steal it when the Priestess was sleeping, unfortunately, she was awake. So I pick-pocketed it, put it on, and talked to her.

Her reply: "Some idiot thief stole my necklace! No service for you today!"

I almost replied some idiot doesn't notice the necklace I'm wearing, which is a dinner plate! My judgement said not to.

Mae'Var agreed, it was a dinner plate. He wanted us to meet a wizard upstairs.

"Edwin! How'd ye get that Ring of Folly off!?" I asked him.

"I have my resources, simian! (I should pay this one back for the misfortune of having to shovel manure to get the ring off!)"

"What's that smell?"

"Oh, nothing you imbecile!"

Edwin asked us to kill a wizard, which wasn't that easy. The wizard is the same wizard that 'removed' the cursed ring from Edwin, and he wanted him dead.

When we came back, our next quest was to get some documents. We were told not to read them...so guess what we did?

Edwin's Pen Pal Letter:

Dear Lylia,

How are you doing you little simian? I am fine myself (Though I abhor having to write to a girl of nine seasons). Regarding your last correspondence, no I do not have any dollys! Even if I did, I wouldn't give them to you! If you ask again, I shall polymorph you into a rat (Better polymorph her into a goblin slave instead)!

Hatefully,
Edwin

We delivered the letters to Edwin. He kept demanding to know why we were snickering.

We went to Mae'Var, got a quest, didn't kill the guy, then Mae'Var blows us off. Who does he think he is!?

Edwin joined us after that. We got the letters implicating Mae'Var, then set some traps in Mae'Var's area. After telling Renal all, we went to kill him.

I hid in shadows, took the back way in, and backstabbed the bastard!

Our reward, whatever we got from him, gold, and The Shadow's Blade! Yes!

Now I have a sword to match the kickass armor I got off of Mae'Var!