Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You don't have to beat him right? I mean he's too &(&#($&@ strong for my party, I don't have enough holy waters, so might as well leave him... well since I've *cheated* my way through, I cannot activate the golem machine anyway because I am not a wizard or sorcerer.

Or you guys could just give me advice how to beat that freakin' maker.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Watches anxiously for advice, as I never beat him either.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:11 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I mean I WILL come back for this *&($&@%. If no one can give any advice that I could use to beat him now, then I'll just have to do it later... with tons of holy waters!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Maybe a scabbard of blessing??
Old 05-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I would still want to know how to do it even if I won't be able to get back at him. I am in too deep in the game that when I return to Lith the "thing" ensues. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I am having the trouble of who to romance...
Old 05-31-2005, 05:04 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've never tried the romances. So I can't tell ya there.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:19 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The "Maker" is one of the toughest fights in the game and it comes after an even tougher fight against those two nasty golems!

I managed it with a paladin with Nathyrra and Deekin in tow. Smite evil worked exceptionally well along with the holy avenger from SOU and Nathyrra blade aainst undead. Elemental protection spells are a must (especially fire) as the Maker has a vast repertoire of spells to hurl at you. Make sure your henchmen have a couple of full heal potions at their disposal.

I wish I could remember more details but it's been a while since I fought him. It's well worth killing him though as he has some REALLY nice treasure on him and scattered throughout his lair.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I got all the treasure from his lair. I was playing a rogue the last time, and I used a greater sanctuary scroll, and went looting... [img]tongue.gif[/img] What's he drop?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Micah, they are my party members too.

As for the treasure, I tried looting also, and nothing worthwhile since I am not a mage (well Nathyrra can use those scrolls but I couldn't care less).

I beat everything to mush except a demi-lich... that sucks. Mithral Golems weren't a problem... if you get them to fight one on one (well I am a Weapon Master). I used Merkil's Hammer and turned them to mush as usual. [img]smile.gif[/img]

About the romance I am still on the crossroads. Fortunately, I want to complete all quests so I went back to finish something before well meeting up with Aribeth. I have been wanting to romance Aribeth since NWN, and now that I have her, I have a cute drow with me.

From an RPG perspective, Nathyrra has been there since day one, while Aribeth comes in late in the game. Her abilities and Nathyrra's are the real factors that complicate the situation.

Everybody's so powerful that I am still not used to it...
Old 06-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

I have a level 23 monk, level 1 sorceror and have just completed the 2nd level of the Isle of the Maker, so am about ready to try and tackle the maker, I think on the next level. I'll have to see how it goes. I had lots and lots of gold pieces when I came into HOTU (since monks don't have to spend any appreciable money buying weapons or armor). I used a whole bunch to enchant the heck out of a +3 kama. Monks are great wizard/sorceror killers and with the +10 kama of haste and acid damage, I think I am going to be able to take on the maker. I have Nathyrra only as a henchman, since I don't like to share XP's with too many henchman, but she does have that rapier that is +8 against undead. I'll let you know how it goes with that combo.

As an aside, I leveled up just before taking the barge to the isle of the maker and had the one level of sorceror, took level 23 of monk (24 character level), so got the +4 ki strike as a feat. I took the level of sorceror because I was thinking of red dragon disciple, plus being able to use magic items, like scrolls and wands seemed a useful ability, even if one level of sorceror doesn't give many useful known spells.

The problem is that I never found any of the golem parts on the first or second level that are supposed to be there. One other reason I took the level of sorceror was that I wanted to be able to build the golem that I had heard you would be able to build after killing the maker. Anyone else run into problems with not finding the golem parts? Don't you need those to build the golem?
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote