Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-31-2004, 12:49 PM   #41
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Besides, I don't really like all the BANG-BANG fireworks.
Well, I agree with you on that part. It's almost risky doing grocery shopping for the weekend when there are teenage neanderthals on every single street corner thinking how "cool" it is to use fireworks just to frighten anyone passing them (did I ever mention I live in an area with lots of elderly people? You get the picture).
Seriously, I hope Darwinism strikes again and many of these idiots end up blowing their own hands off.

[ 12-31-2004, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 12-31-2004, 01:18 PM   #42
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I'm about to move into a house with two friends, and this was only given the green light yesterday, so I'm going to be heading over to the new place and drinking there with more friends and my girlfriend. No fireworks for me, I hate them. They're also the one thing I hated about new year's when I lived back in the Netherlands. Groj summed it up perfectly.

Edit: this moving-house thing might well be the end of my IW-days since the net will be kind of difficult to access. Relish me while you can, kids. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2004, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 PM   #43
Jorath Calar
Harper

This Sucks... it's 6:15 pm, the storm is howling outside, 25 meter's per second, all new years Pyres have been cancelled, I'm at home, my parents are asleep, also my sister, I called an old friend asking what she might be doing tonight and she said she is taking care of her sisters babies... in another town... sigh...

Second new year in a row that is going to suck...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:38 PM   #44
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Exclamation

We dont celebrate this New Year thingy because of the crise in Asia so no firworks here we donated all the firwork money to Red Kross instead! We did this because we have someone who are missing down there.
Anyway have a good new year eve you all! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2004, 01:41 PM   #45
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I didn't read what anyone else put, due to lazyness, so feel free to ignore this if you want. It's nothing special. What i'm doing on new years eve, is being sat at home wheile me bro mum n dad go to the pub, and i'll be here, listening to black metal until it's so late it's early.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:42 PM   #46
Lavindathar
Harper

Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 12-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #47
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I'll be spending my New Year alone in my room, listening to my dad and his buds drink beer and watch TV. Once again, another boring New Year... unless I decide to call some friends and go do something.

Also: On a side note, my mum let me have some white wine, guess things will be better then thought. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 AM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww, Happy New Year and hugs to you , SomeGuy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I spent a wonderful day with my husband (we both had the day off from work) and then we watched a couple movies with a dear friend, phoned our families and had snacks and champagne.

A quiet but very nice way to ring in the new year. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #49
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well, it's 8:00 here, adn I just came back from the party, so excuse me if I misspell something, it's the Vodka/Stock/Beer's fault... mI thought I'd come here to you guys before turning in to bed so I gather energy for the after after party(yes, one after party is already done, one to go [img]smile.gif[/img] )
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #50
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

[quote]Originally posted by Grojlach:
Quote:
... teenage neanderthals on every single street corner ...
*Grinning softly* I hear ya Groj!! Ppl in NL seem to have a knack for demi-grenades (or whatever it's called in ENG). 8 years ago, one of those completely tore my coat to shreds. And what about chinese butterflies? Make Black Widows seem like popcorn popping. And it's all the more fun to light up avalanche arrows and throw them topside up in metal trashbins, watch them blow up and maming a handfull up ppl!!

Naah, I drank Southern Comfort and comforted the cats and watched some standup comedians. Good enough for me..

[ 01-01-2005, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]