Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well, I'm sure dplax hates himself for posting enough to get the avatar... he so loved that Dracolich...

My favorite moments of this type is to be outside, watching the very break of day in an empty city... in the summer, the dawn comes much sooner, so the streets are really empty, and that brings that special feeling in me... Like I have a fuzzy little cushion inside me, and I just want to hug him and squeeze him, and drown my face in it's soft fur... I think I got carried away...
Old 12-06-2004, 06:18 PM   #12
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Owo, great moments everybody.. 'sept Johnny, of course. I think life is all about those little moments, I love 'em, call me mushy (no don't). Maybe it's the holiday season upon us.

Now, dplax: I hate you! You got a new avatar again! I'm posting like a madman and I'm still a stupid Quincy!
The avatar I had lasted only 100 posts, while Quintesson lasts 300. And besides avatars don't mean anything to most people.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:21 PM   #13
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Owo, great moments everybody.. 'sept Johnny, of course. I think life is all about those little moments, I love 'em, call me mushy (no don't). Maybe it's the holiday season upon us.

Now, dplax: I hate you! You got a new avatar again! I'm posting like a madman and I'm still a stupid Quincy!
The avatar I had lasted only 100 posts, while Quintesson lasts 300. And besides avatars don't mean anything to most people. [/QUOTE]I know buddy. I just really don't like current one. Can't put my finger on exactly why....hey STOP postin'
Old 12-06-2004, 06:23 PM   #14
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Well, I'm sure dplax hates himself for posting enough to get the avatar... he so loved that Dracolich...
Well I have ... to look forward to. *Looks around in thread* Unicorn looks nice. Seriously just because I think one avatar is better than another it doen't mean I shall stop on 3099 to keep Dracolich for eternity.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

Nah, here's how the ranking goes. In order of goodnesseses.

1-Storm Shadow
2-Galvatron
3-Quintesson
4-Dracolich
5-Lemon

Can't argue with that!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #16
Lady Sedai
Banned User

To get this back on topic...

I love those quiet moments, Cloudy.

One of my best that *still* makes me content and relaxed is remembering one morning probably about 10 years ago now, when it was soooo cold (hovering just above freezing most of the night). I think it was in February, too.

It had rained/sleeted all evening and finally dropped to below freezing around 2am or so.

When we woke up in the morning and went outside to see how the world looked, it was covered in ice. The trees (even down to the tiniest little limblings with buds awaiting spring) were literally sheeted in a thin layer of ice all up and down the trunks, too. The ground was all white. And the way the sun was just up made the clouds glow and the ice and icicles shine. It was like magic. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I felt, for a few moments, as though I was in one of those snowglobes... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 10:34 PM   #17
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I rarely have these moments, they're very special. A time to relfect on one's life and realize your achievements and future goals. I remember standing on my porch one morning, looking out at the freshly fallen powder, and just realizing "Wow... it's beautiful... perfect." I remember just falling into and laying down, letting the flakes fall on my face and just drifting off into a deep trance of thought, was a peaceful moment.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-07-2004, 03:32 AM   #18
Sigmar
Unicorn

Not trying to be funny or whatever in this post.

I get those quiet moments a lot, I'd say I'm a very introspective person, I like spending time on my own occasionally.

I like getting my bike, driving it to the lighthouse area here in Gib, and watch the sea waves crash against the side of the rock. Just thinking about how nice life can be.

That's incredible every time.

Then, I always that warm, happy feeling every time I look at my childhood transformer toys. Seriously, when I'm REALLY pissed off with something. I just grab one of them from under my bed and proceed to twist and turn it like a Rubiks cube, transforming it. Strangely comforting.

Those are my favourite quiet moments. Yes, I wish I could bottle these moments too.

[ 12-07-2004, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-07-2004, 06:24 AM   #19
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I love hippy talk. Thanks Cloudy.

[ 12-07-2004, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: General Nosaj ]
Old 12-07-2004, 08:01 AM   #20
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Wow... I have none... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think I have the rushed nature that many people seem to have though. I am never stressed. I am never hurrying. I never feel like I need to take a break and do something slow.

So I don't appreciate that kind of stuff... I'd much rather be doing something active, playing rugby, or kick boxing... or something...