Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well, my novel didn't get through. Apparantly it's not what they're looking for, which means pretty much revise, edit, try with another company. [img]smile.gif[/img] This is on top of some other big crap that happened today, but as Homer Simpsons once said, "Oh it just gets worse and worse!"
Old 04-16-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sorry to hear that Seph . Don't give up though, lots of successful authors had heaps of knockbacks before they made it. Keep smiling hon [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

*wince* Well, it's a setback, but I'd guess that it will get accepted, hopefully soon, but at least eventually... hope you have some patience, though, although also hopefully it won't take too long... *shrug* Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] After all, I'm waiting to read it, and I can't do that unless it gets published! (sigh... need to cultivate some mafia connections... )
Old 04-16-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Ah, well i plan to revise and send it to a different company. and yes Aelia, i know that many authors had their works knocked back in their faces - in fact, every author had at least 10, i'll bet.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:03 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You'll get there Seph, it's all about learning "the business" methinks in many ways, just give them what they ask for, you have the talent. And yes, a different publishing company can also make all the difference, you never know until you try [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-16-2002, 10:57 PM   #6
Moni

ditto and ditto
I'm really sorry it did not pan out for you right away but don't give up! If you know you have the talent, someone somewhere is bound to see it too, you just have to find that someone and they have to be working for a publisher! (Not as impossible as it may seem so never stop trying!)

Old 04-16-2002, 11:03 PM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dont worry bout it Sephy, youre only 15, you have plenty of time to try again. The book me and my ex are writing is gonna need some major adjustments b4 we ever publish it. I particuarly didnt like it whe he called my character 'one who ruins life', but i did like 'beautiful poison' , but hey, when she cuts his characters arm off, it makes it all better [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 01:51 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Seph, why revise it ?? Just send it off to another company... J.K. Rowling had to send Harry Potter and the Philosiphers Stone off to a different company when the first didnt accept it. She sent it straight off, no revision, no editing, and look how popular her books are now!! Send it off as is, and make the company that refused it sorry they ever dared!!
Old 04-17-2002, 07:11 AM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Seph, why revise it ?? Just send it off to another company... J.K. Rowling had to send Harry Potter and the Philosiphers Stone off to a different company when the first didnt accept it. She sent it straight off, no revision, no editing, and look how popular her books are now!! Send it off as is, and make the company that refused it sorry they ever dared!!
Because the first part quite literally sucks cept for the prologue. now that i'm in 'the zone', i should be able to write some good stuff without changing the story too much... and please, never liken me to the creater of that... fiend again.