Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
ryu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i applied latest wiz8 patch and since then i expierence game crash frequently when clicking on particlar active which give 'hand' pointer;
there is no error message after crash, simply it kicks me out to the desktop;
i use slow mashine (duron 700, 198 ram, 32mb ATI128), but i use only 800x600x16 graphics mode; i also use no-cd wiz8.exe version;
and yes, i have latest drivers of graphics card and dx8;
by the way, with no patches i never had the game crash..
[img]graemlins/lamb.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

(No CD version?)

Anyway - what version of windows do you have? Is it 2000? If so, happens to me also. (Prepatch even)
Old 01-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #3
slowtrain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a problem whenever I tried to enter the Arnika-Trynton road area. It kept crashing. I backed up my saves, uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything was fine then. Something was probably corrupted.

Also, after I applied the second patch, I was getting all this weird text in the inventory screen. I knew something was wrong. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and applied the patches to a fresh install. Also, instead of unzipping the patch directly into the game directory, I unzipped into an empty directory, then copied the files in manually. Probably not necessary, but I wan't sure if the unzip had worked properly. Anyway, after that, everything OK.
slowtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 08:31 PM   #4
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

quote:
i also use no-cd wiz8.exe version;

What exactly is a no-cd version???
If its a hacked version then I guess you get what you paid for [img]graemlins/finger2.gif[/img]
If its legit please tell us how you got it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Knip
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote