Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 10-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi guys,

Just wondering ig this bug is only happening to me or to other people as well.

On my last 2 runs down the well I've noticed a number of creatures loose there texture during combat.

By this I mean Big Red on Level 8 all of a sudden lost his red scale texture and looed completely white.

Also this happened with a few Lizard realm monks on level 10.

I don't want to report his in the bugs area until I confrim if its me or not.

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
ArmpitLint
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't really noticed a problem with any creatures, but the tower shield in the Frost Giant King's inventory on level 4 has been showing up as just a big black box for me. Oh and since I see that no one is congratulating you for becoming a Mod [img]smile.gif[/img] ... I would like to congradulate you!!
ArmpitLint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Heh, there are about five threads congratulating him. Anymore and he'll get big headed!

Yes, I got the same thing with creatures turning ghostly white, but I assumed it was down to the armour I was wearing which freezes upon hit...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Have those of you that seen this upgraded to cep 1.50? If so or not, post here!!

I'll do some checking on his shield. Notice I modified that Frost Giant and added a Queen? This may have created a bug. Will check now!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ah, that may well be it. I just installed NwN again about 2 weeks ago, but after checking I think I may still be using V1.01. Downloading the update patch to 1.5 now, and I'll let you know if I still get the problem when I can log back on.

One slight suggestion: The 'How to join and play in Undermountain' thread still refers to 1.01 which is what caught me out - perhaps an edit might be in order just to make things clearer...

I'll post again when I can get back online and check it - It's showing offline at the moment.

EDIT: Yup, the shield is showing fine now after I've used the CEP patch.

[ 10-29-2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Z, Yeah I have upgraded to CEP 1.50. Do you think that may have caused it ?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Speaking of bugs....

I've noticed that the Inn is very choppy, ie, low frame rates. After a session with trace fps active, I average 60-70fps in all areas except the Inn which averages about 15 and tops out at about 20. Perhaps a server issue?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
ArmpitLint
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't upgraded to CEP 1.50 yet and the creatures look fine to me. Ya it's nice to see that the Frost Giant King has found a Queen. My evil monk loves slaughtering newlyweds. [img]smile.gif[/img]
ArmpitLint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Nope, I won't be upgrading to CEP 1.50. It's a dead release--(Has nothing worth adding)

Our hakpak added All the monsters from the NWN Patch 1.64 as well as all the monsters (and more) than the CEP 1.50 update, so we are better off without it.

I'll take the 2das and some stuff and make my own hakpak, I'm drawing my own belts and bracers and necklaces right now! (New graphic icons).

What I wish to add next is:

New Helms and Armor
New Icons for everything
New Heads for Races
New Placeables (Some I may model!!)
New Monsters (learning modeling those too-hard)
New Tilesets - Oriental and Egyptian

Anything else you want to see? Monster types? Shambling Mounds? Cloud Giants? Kuo Toa?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:43 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I would like to see some more monk only equipment. Monks by nature have a lowish AB and the items we have at the moment make it had to hit some of the level 13 characters. More dex enhancing, strenght enhancing, monk only items would be great.

Some more monk only robes would be good as well. Like that Grandmaster armour +8 that rocks!