Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Loot in IWD is usually random, and the only Throwing Axe I can remember off-hand, is a simple +2 enchanted one. No other special perks besides the returning ability.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Loot in IWD is usually random, and the only Throwing Axe I can remember off-hand, is a simple +2 enchanted one. No other special perks besides the returning ability.
There is another one that I believe is +2, has a unique name, does extra bungling damage, and returns to the user. I just can't remember it right now. Has a crocked handel and very unique look to it.

[ 01-07-2005, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #13
ZFR
Legion Symbol

[quote]Originally posted by pritchke:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
[qb]font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">There is another one that I believe is +2, has a unique name, does extra bungling damage, and returns to the user. I just can't remember it right now. Has a crocked handel and very unique look to it.
that was in IWD2...
Old 01-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

NobleNick, one may normally find that particular axe on the lowest level of Dragon's Eye, near the High Torturer's room.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:08 AM   #15
galdur
Dungeon Master

Fight with Yxunomei was really easy. My friend Fighter/Thief and me, Cleric/Mage, had took care about good spellup before the battle. She was dead in 2 or 3 rounds.
galdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by galdur:
Fight with Yxunomei was really easy. My friend Fighter/Thief and me, Cleric/Mage, had took care about good spellup before the battle. She was dead in 2 or 3 rounds.
The party doesn't start until you tango with her on HoF mode.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:04 PM   #17
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
NobleNick, one may normally find that particular axe on the lowest level of Dragon's Eye, near the High Torturer's room.
Thanks, Aerich!

I have another question: If a character specializes to 5 PP in Axe, will the 5 PP benefits that would normally accrue to a melee weapon (e.g., extra damage, THAC0 bonus and +1.5 ApR bonus) also apply to the thrown axe (a ranged weapon)?

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #18
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Thanks, Aerich!
Who? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
I have another question: If a character specializes to 5 PP in Axe, will the 5 PP benefits that would normally accrue to a melee weapon (e.g., extra damage, THAC0 bonus and +1.5 ApR bonus) also apply to the thrown axe (a ranged weapon)?
It should, because the poor Infinity Engine cannot designate two proficiency types to one weapon, so throwing axes are still listed as "axe", even though it has a ranged attack setting. I'll have to verify this later, though. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #19
NobleNick
Quintesson

Ugghh!

Sorry. Aerich's a great guy; but I shouldn't confuse him with the person who taught me, amongst other things, how to put color in my posts over two years ago. Heh, heh, heh; the irony of this is that for the last half year or so I have had to almost constantly keep reminding myself, "No, that is NOT Azred, it is Aerich." And I don't think I ever mistakenly stuck a salutation to you in a communique meant for him. For the last month or so, I had finally gotten to the point where I thought of Aerich as 'Aerich' and not "The guy with a short name that starts with 'A', but he's not Azred." Then you started posting to this forum again and screwed up my equilibrium!

BTW, it has been nice to see you back.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 01-12-2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #20
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

No harm done. Just some friendly leg-pulling. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

I recently decided to have my party speak with Hobart and journey to the wonderful Anauroch Hilton [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Thus, I came back to the forum.

Now, I need only create those 9th level mage spells I have been toying with...I'm bored with having only Monster Summoning VII and Power Word: Kill. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2005, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Azred ]