Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-23-2002, 03:36 AM   #1
kurtzyload
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Obviously this has some spoiler info, so don't read below unless you're feeling dirty.
Save your game just before fighting the bucaneer ghosts in bayjin shallows (where nessie is). Each individual ghost can drop *light* *sword*. So, just kill them one by one, inspect their bag, if it has *light* *sword* then run away save again, if not, reload. Got myself 4 of them babies before I got sick of it. (You can get 7, cause there's 7 ghosts but that's probably overkill [img]smile.gif[/img] )

This neat trick brought to you by:

kurtzyload
Old 01-23-2002, 03:53 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tried about 12 times and get ONLY 13 VapRizor or what it is that damn "Gadgeeter" weapon name was and NO *Light Sword* so i continuing my questst`s and i have NEVER found any "cool" weapon in the game and not in the chest behind Nessie or the chest in the hut in Bayjin!(I have plyed the game trough 5 times) i use the "Bienpeniss" i get from the armorer in Arnika.
So i give up to find any cool weapons!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #3
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Kurtzy

Hey, nice trick you found out, very impressive.

Now, does this only work the first time you go there? Or will the Ghosts respawn if you come back later?

Curious...its too late for me to try this if it is a one time thing, but 7 Light Swords sounds awesome. Hmm, the entire party wielding them would be really cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan
Old 01-23-2002, 05:08 PM   #4
kurtzyload
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Scronan

No they don't respawn, so you're out of luck

I must've gotten REALLY lucky, because the first ghost I killed happened to drop the light sword. So I figured hey, they all must be able to drop it, so I booked out of the fight, saved, and kept picking them off one by one till I had 4 ;p

Kurtzy
kurtzyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:19 AM   #5
whoolley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I went through and fought the ghosts today only one of them dropped anything and it sure wasn't a bag of goodies - just a bunch of arrows. Since I knew the light sword (best item in Wiz7 as most people know) was available I was hoping to score one but didn't want to play the reload game. Now I'm even more disappointed to find out that it seems most players receive more than one drop from these creeps.

In the words of Beck (I think) - "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you k**l me"

(how does one get the icons to insert into text?)