Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-12-2001, 12:09 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Photojournalist: Rick Volberding (Xignal76)

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN: MEKDAWA TURNS HORSE RUSTLER

In late-breaking news, Mekdawa, the Toadish ambassador to Valeia, has turned horse-rustler; mounting and absconding with an über-horse being used by a party of adventurers near the south side of Nymph Lake.

"We had all dismounted the horse, and had ventured northward toward the Altar of Serran," claimed the warrior, now Paladin, of the group. "When we returned, we saw the strange toad-creature in the process of getting on the horse, whipping up the reins, and charging northward along the shore of the lake. We chased him, yelling for him to halt, but to no avail."

As the party of adventurers had obtained the horse by default from a group of now-defunct rogues, no charges have been filed against the toadish ambassador. Inquiries, however, have been made as to Mekdawa's strange behavior. One of our reporters was able to journey to Toad Village and speak with Shinwiki, the shaman/hetman of the Toad cantonment.

"Mekdawa not mean bad," Shinwiki stated. "Mekdawa need horse to escape plenty fool adventurers keep forcing strange potions down throat. Taste baada-ookey! Mekdawa fed up to goggle-eyes with potions. Seem adventurers understand! Mekdawa run away when they try give potions! But no, adventurers still shoveum potions down Mekdawa. No want insult adventurers; Mekdawa make escape; give horse big slap, gallop northward into swamp."

Neither the horse nor the toad ambassador have been sighted since the incident. If anyone has any information as to the whereabouts of Mekdawa or the über-horse, please contact the offices of the Gael Serran Examiner, or leave word with Sir Elgar, Village of Valeia.

Many thanks to our own Xignal76 (Rick Volberding), whom many of you will recognize as having the premiere hint site for Wizards and Warriors, for this unique photo opportunity.

Keep watching for updates to the GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

Sazerac, Editor
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:56 AM   #2
slug
Manshoon

we thought it was hard to give him the potion before...
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:16 AM   #3
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's where my stupid horse went! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!!!

Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:38 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Another terrific issue!! Really the very best way to start the day!

(will he take the raft next??)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:34 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Maybe next we'll see him riding Erasthmador..

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:14 PM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Cool picture, Rick and great article, Saz! Thanks guys, we needed that right about now. . . GIDDY UP!

mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:25 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I love these!!!

Readers - did you know that YOU can contribute to the Gael Serran EXAMINER too?? If you find that one of a kind picture while playing W&W - use alt printscreen to capture (be sure to paste it into a file after you've finished playing) and send it to Saz!!! Saz also posted a helpful thread on another program to use to capture screen shots in W&W! Let's see some great shots, folks!

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 11:13 PM   #8
Nanobyte

And I may not take the screens of W&W, but I get some good ones off BG2.. Or so it seems..

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 11:20 PM   #9
Moni

I have yet to run across anything that would qualify as something out of the ordinary in the game to contribute but I LOVE THESE!!!!

Thanks Sazerac and PLEASE keep them coming!!!

Nano...maybe you ought to start the BG2 Bugler on their forum!!

: )
Moni
Old 03-13-2001, 11:29 PM   #10
Nanobyte

Moni, it isn't exactly about BG2. I take these pics for characters I got off the storyline. But since it has stopped, and no one seems to care anymore, I see no reason to continue.

------------------