Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-16-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
Frax

I have seen a few posts on looking for gold and the blood to gold spell, and I wanted to share a secret for having tons of gold in the middle game. It requires no patch, no cheats and no code fixes.

The "secret" (which I didn't think was that much of a secret) is in the Ranger. If you wait for your Ranger to be guild level 5 before changing to a different role, you can gain the Fletchery trait. Once he or she has the trait, if armed with a bow and arrows, he or she will keep making arrows until the quiver is full (50 arrows). The amazing thing is that the ranger will keep making whatever arrow is in the top quiver. Take the most expensive arrow and let you character make arrows all day long. When you have 50, split the arrows and leave one or two in the top quiver. Then sell the excess arrows. If you have the Dragon Arrow, you can sell them for tons of gold. While I was wandering around Ishad N'Ha, I built up about 120 arrows and sold them for 280,000 gold. I never need to sell items for gold and I never pick up armor or weapons unless they are magical. (Even then, half the time I don't bother.) My "ranger" is a samuri now and still makes arrows for me. The only drawback is that they cannot really use the 2nd weapon skill and must keep the bow equipped to make arrows. But with the gold that I make, I more than make up for this drawback in advanced skills.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 02-16-2001, 03:04 PM   #2
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I wasn't going to create a ranger, but your second thoughts are giving me second thoughts (or is that third thoughts, or am I thinking too much, or are you still thinking, or...). I may try it, 'cause gold is a rare commodity in my part of the GS. By the way, the buying and selling of arrows +1 and crossbow bolts +1 does make money, but it's a bit of a tedious process.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Uncle Joe: depends on what type of arrows your ranger is making!

HINT: Give them a dragon arrow when one of your characters gets the first Bushi Guild quest to deliver the arrow to Torin. Have them equip it while on the way to Torin. By the time the characters get there, the ranger should have made 5 or 6 arrows. (A bow must be equipped at the same time for this to work, BTW). Divvy out 1 arrow, give it to Torin, and keep the rest. A ranger may make up to 50 arrows at one time. When he gets to 50, split out the arrows, give him one back, and sell the rest. They sell for about 80,000 GP in a bundle of 49.

BIGGER HINT: Bless the arrows with damage or toughness or something.. they sell for far more, and the ranger will replicate them endlessly as long as s/he has one equipped, along with a bow.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 07:46 PM   #4
slug
Manshoon

it's tricky.

it sounds nice to say that you will just give your fletching character a dragon arrow and run with it. but there are some incongruencies to consider. the dragon arrow is the first bushi quest, yet fletching is not available til after the 5th armory quest. there can be quite a gap in time; and a ton of exp and lvls can go by in that gap. if you want to put off going up in bushi guild lvls, it's up to you, but you could miss out on a lot of valuable training.

also IT IS A WASTE TO KEEP A RANGER FOR THAT LONG. it would be much better to change to ranger only during that window of guild opportunity, then change again as soon as you have fletching.

not to seem rude, but 280,000 gold is really not very much in this game. if you keep up your training, and enchant/bless your gear, buy a few spell books, i think you would spend between 50 and 100 million gold. i am trying to make a real guess. it depends on how many characters you run with. but that is not a joke.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 08:38 PM   #5
AliCat
Drow Warrior

You don't need to hold off on delivering the dragon arrows to Torin just to give your ranger time to fletch new arrows. You can either trade with Torin or steal the arrows back after you've given them to him. He's generally quite happy to trade them back.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 09:33 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

And, yes, 280,000 g.p. is not much in this game. But 23,000,000? That's how much you get for 45 fully enchanted Dragon Arrows.

It is all up to personal preference, but for those who don't want to gold-cheat using the Inn (or who are playing with the patch file so they CAN'T gold-cheat), this is the best legitimate way to make money.

Also note: the Takekatsu arrows available at the Bushi Guild at any guild level, when blessed or enchanted, also sell for mega $$$...just not as much as the Dragon arrows. Later, the Bone and Magic arrows west of Brimloch Roon (available from Centaurs) also sell for major $$$. And fletchery isn't a trait that you lose when you change from Ranger to another character.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 07:05 AM   #7
Janus
Dungeon Master

I havent tried this ranger trick, but quick way how to get a lot of money is to have the merchant skill and high will ability- you can buy willow arrows +1 or crossbow bolts +1 and then sell them. You can get up to 2,5 times the original amount.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote