Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I found an interesting way to get past 3 Gauths who were annoying me during the Unseeing Eye Quest - simply made everyone invisible, walked past them and did what I had come to do.
First me (an Archer) - stealthed
Then Yoshimo - stealthed
Then Minsc - stealthed
Then Jaheira - improved invisible by Aerie
Then Keldorn - improved invisible by Aerie
Finally Aerie - Sanctuary

On the other side I rested and did the same thing coming back! It was fun - although, of course, I got no experience...

Is it possible to make an entire party out of people who can stealth? (multi-/dual-/single-class Thieves/Rangers). THAT I'd like to see!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-28-2001, 02:40 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I found an interesting way to get past 3 Gauths who were annoying me during the Unseeing Eye Quest - simply made everyone invisible, walked past them and did what I had come to do.
First me (an Archer) - stealthed
Then Yoshimo - stealthed
Then Minsc - stealthed
Then Jaheira - improved invisible by Aerie
Then Keldorn - improved invisible by Aerie
Finally Aerie - Sanctuary

On the other side I rested and did the same thing coming back! It was fun - although, of course, I got no experience...

Is it possible to make an entire party out of people who can stealth? (multi-/dual-/single-class Thieves/Rangers). THAT I'd like to see!

It's possible, but impractical in practice. Better to have a mage that can cast Mass Invisibility.

------------------
Old 10-28-2001, 05:01 AM   #3
Zbyszek

In this case you have to come back so you have 4 times cast invis. Better use wand of cloudkill (2 or 3 times) and retreat - Big one can not pass that mini-temple, two small ones are slow, so are almost dead/panicked when they will reach you. Wait untill cloud wears off and finish that big one
Old 10-28-2001, 06:11 AM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Gauth and Beholder rays are ineffective against Mustard Jellys. Use Polymorph Self and a couple of wands and they are dead meat.

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast
Old 10-28-2001, 06:14 AM   #5
Shagrat The Half Orc

Use invisibility 10 foot radius, which is a lvl 3 or lvl 4 spell, mass invisibility uses up a coveted lvl 7 spell slot so screw that