Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 11:08 AM   #1
Tom
Elminster

How do you kill the dragon without wand of cloudkill or a priest using harm?
Old 04-08-2001, 11:33 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Tom, I'd be glad to help you, but have you tried a search on this subject? There have been countless threads about this and the responses there are probably much better than the ones I could give
So please just use a search. One useful tip though; when Firkraags circle is still cyan in colour (i.e. when he's not yet in attacking mode), a very useful spell is the 5th level priest spell Magic Resistance. Because of Firkraag's very high resistance, this normally defensive spell will actually *lower* his resistance without making him turn "red". Alternatively, use the 5th level mage spell Lower Resistance (note that this WILL turn him red)
Good luck!!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-08-2001, 11:37 AM   #3
Gimlee
Elminster

Ya, you are a bit lazy, but it's ok. Try to use magic resistance removers. Than kill him like a normal enemy. Also, protection from fire is very usefull.
Old 04-09-2001, 02:47 AM   #4
Aurum
Manshoon

Yes, kill you, if can!

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 04-09-2001, 02:53 AM   #5
Tnecniv The Silent
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I summon a bunch o critters and send them in first, then I have Jaheria do her magic resistance gig, (he ain't even mad yet) then I light off with one or two of the critters and sphere them (otto's sphere of don't even bother) Sometimes the old lizzard just beats on that sphere while Minsc and Company beat him to death.. the spells usually hammer it pretty good too.. By the way.. off topic but Minsc is just to much fun to dump for the dwarf..
Old 04-09-2001, 03:52 AM   #6
Lord Shield

Same here. Don't forget to put Haste and Resist Fear on the summoned critters and tanks

Old 04-09-2001, 06:03 AM   #7
dafan

just kill it!!! ...

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-09-2001, 08:52 AM   #8
Lord Shield

How about tickling it under the chin going "coochy coochy coo"? It might die of embarassment. Either that or sit on you and scrape

Old 04-09-2001, 09:22 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Learn Greater Malison and as much Feebleminds as possible. Go to Firkraag (Shadow Dragon, Adalon). Save the game.
2. A bug with dragon causes that the non-hostile dragon does not become hostile when you cast Greater Malison or Feeblemind on it. Therefore:
3. Cast Greater Malison on the dragon.
4. Repeat casting Feeblemind until you suceed. Most probably, you will need to restart and repeat.
5. Once the dragon is feebleminded, it will not attack even if it will be beaten by anybody around. Therefore, dragon feebleminded? Beat it, beat it, beat it!
Smells of Cheddar? Yes. But there is NO good fighting strategy against dragons. All so called strategies are results of pure luck. Either you are faster than the dragon (or you suceed with some spell) or some of your guys are dead.