Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-15-2000, 12:15 AM   #1
Thinker

Hi All,

I was stuck in this stout mine. I had explored all the places and does not seems to find that so-call Dragon Ore wanted by the King.

I had travelled down from the left trolley(ramp) and right trolley and there is no where i can go anymore.

Can some kind soul enlighten me on the location of this Dragon Armour. I had been stuck for nights.....

Old 11-15-2000, 01:54 AM   #2
Regis
Welcomed New User

It's in the lava zone...the ore piles at the end of the lava tunnel have one (you need to 'use' a pickaxe on the piles). I believe there's another somewhere around where Raskalion hangs out (and a set of Dragon Armor in the King's Treasury).
Old 11-15-2000, 04:00 AM   #3
Astyanax12

Hmmm, haven't been to the Stout mines for a while, but let's see if I can help.

The trolleys have two starting points, but the right hand one has two junctions. Leading to a total of four destinations. Have you explored all four? One of them leads to an abandoned trolley line. Walk down it and you will find the lava lakes. The ore is here, you just have to deal with a few cute lil'old lava puppies first.

The tedious part is all the running back and forth to keep switching those d@mn junctions.

Old 11-15-2000, 04:14 AM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

You can pull the crank for the trolley, then follow the cart through the gate down to the switching point. You can then reach through the barred window and flip the switch from there. Hmm...you know, I've never tried riding the trolley and dismounting while it's still moving, so maybe you wouldn't even have to chase after the cart to get through the gate. In any event, the point is you don't have to go slogging around those elevator/mine mazes to get to the switches. If you face the barred window and move a little to the left, you should be able to see/reach the switch from the area where the tracks split. Then, simply walk back up to the starting point (they put switches to open the gates for ~5 seconds on the downside of the tracks), pull the lever to bring back the cart, and ride it down.
Old 11-15-2000, 10:49 AM   #5
xenotoca

No you cannot dismount whilst the trolly in in motion they also request that you do not use the toilet facilities whilst the trolley is in the station. I also ran through the gate and found myself trapped as I never found any way to open the gate from inside so had to reload (clever me saved before trying)

Old 11-15-2000, 03:20 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I walked back up the tracks because I had noticed levers near those trolley gates! At the time it didn't appear that I could reach the switch. On the reply, I'm going to really try for that. That has got to save a lot of time!!

Wyv
Old 11-18-2000, 03:50 AM   #7
Thinker

Thanks everyone. I had completed the mine with 6 dragon Armour.