Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-18-2000, 08:22 AM   #1
gandalf

I've stumbled across a major bug in the game that lets you make a lot of $$ - and fast.
Dunno if anyone posted this before.....no matter - here it is;
After receiving the first monk/assassin/samurai quest master Wu in the Bushi Dojo(dunno if it works in Brimloch Roon and Valeia too) will give you a dragon arrow. You are supposed to hand this over to some noble samarai so that he may redeem himself or something like that.
Suppose we decide that honor and reputation can wait for a minute or two, what you do now is that you head down to the armorer in stead of going searching for this samurai fella.
The armorer will give you $1625 for the arrow which is pretty good, but what is even better is that you can buy it back for $350 !!
Since trial and error rarely is an issue in computer games, repeat this process at your own leisure and wealth should be yours in a matter of minutes - Good luck

Old 11-18-2000, 08:57 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That's not a bug! That's an "undocumented feature!"

Wyv
Old 11-18-2000, 11:21 AM   #3
gandalf

AAh - so that's what they call it these days

Old 11-18-2000, 04:04 PM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

And here I was hoping he'd found a way to get all that treasure Erathsmedor is just sitting on
Old 11-18-2000, 07:33 PM   #5
Spaceman

You can do the same thing with the Dragon Armor, with a neat take of approx 6000...

Old 11-18-2000, 09:04 PM   #6
Htseeker

Not sure if anyone else found this one out. I read it on another board somewhere. Here's the easiest way to make money. Keep all the money you have on a character then go into the inn. Now pool the gold onto a different character. REMOVE the original carrier of the money and then re add him to the party. He will be refreshed with all the money he had before you pooled it to your second character! now pool the money again onto the second charcater. Repeat. when you get a decent chunk of change, leave town then go back to the inn, he will have the new amount of money, so you can double it faster. Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2000, 11:44 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

re: inn gold cheat

you know, I think I was the first to post on this cheat...though I never got credit for it, saw it appearing on web sites....hmm...maybe it was found by others too....oh well. I got my use out it, 42 billion gold pieces later.

scronan
Old 11-18-2000, 11:47 PM   #8
wsoftly

well this goes to show you how well I work with cheat codes. tried what you said and ended up with 0 money LOL oh well.... guess I am not supposed to cheat..

Old 11-19-2000, 05:09 AM   #9
gandalf

reply to wsoftly:

The reason you ended up with 0 gp is probably that you pooled all your gold on one character and subsequently removed that character from your party - I did the same by accident - that'll empty your account faster than you can say "look - it's an amazoni mant.......aaaaaaaarrrggh".
In other words; you have to keep the one character your gold is pooled on in your party, that is: don't remove him.