Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 02:46 PM   #1
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

SPOILER
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
(Oh, stop it already!)
I'm going through SoA with a solo cavalier, whom I plan to take on to ToB..
Anyway, I've been trying to play out of a role-playing perspective most of the time, but now..I don't know what to do?!
I'm at the asylum and I'm soon gonna take on Irenicus..and thereby Imoen is soon gonna be freed..
But I don't want her!
I wanna continue solo..
Still, seen from a role-playing perspective, she IS my sister, and I have searched and fought for her for quite a while..
So the natural thing would be to take her in the party..
What do you think I should do?
Old 11-26-2001, 03:11 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, this may not suit for a cavalier, but you can accidently kill her.
You know like make her attack someone she cant defeat.
Or you can just kick her out. She maybe is your sister, but it is only a game.

see ya!
Old 11-26-2001, 03:14 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Isn't the whole purpose of going solo, exactly that. Going solo. If you add a character you'd be going as a couple. Well, not that exactly...Errr..you know what I mean [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Kick her out.
Old 11-26-2001, 04:05 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

This really depends on whether the role-playing is more important to you than the solo playing. IMHO solo play gets boring, and Imoen is cool.

Imoen complements a Cavalier quite well, too, in terms of powers & strategies... she's a decent archer and thief and becomes an excellent mage.

-- Nifft
Old 11-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

If the RP aspect is all that concerns you, wouldn't a cavalier want to send his sister to safety?

"What decent cavalier would ask, or even allow, his sister to share his danger?"

That works, doesn't it?
Old 11-26-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
If the RP aspect is all that concerns you, wouldn't a cavalier want to send his sister to safety?

"What decent cavalier would ask, or even allow, his sister to share his danger?"

That works, doesn't it?

Oh very good, Ronn [img]smile.gif[/img] But I'm thinking, wouldn't it be more gallant, and cavalier-like if you help her get out of the asylum first, then get rid of her on the island. Then you could pretend she was going to go on the ship with that former wench you save. I mean, you wouldn't be solo for the asylum, but you could tell her to stay back for all the battles, set her AI so she never attacks anything; you wouldn't want to risk her getting injured after all. It just seems a bit callous to just say off you go, find your way out alone, especially her response when you do say that
Old 11-26-2001, 08:25 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

What cavalier would ask *anyone* to share in the burden of your tainted blood...

well, i think that answers it. yes, there is a good comeback to that but it _is_ a spoiler and therefore _will_ be marked as such by whoever points it out, right?
Old 11-26-2001, 11:33 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I did not let her join my solo Cavalier, I always assumed that she was behind me somewhere, safely out of sight and danger.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:34 AM   #9
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

That works, doesn't it?

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Oh very good, Ronn [img]smile.gif[/img] But I'm thinking, wouldn't it be more gallant, and cavalier-like if you help her get out of the asylum first, then get rid of her on the island. Then you could pretend she was going to go on the ship with that former wench you save. I mean, you wouldn't be solo for the asylum, but you could tell her to stay back for all the battles, set her AI so she never attacks anything; you wouldn't want to risk her getting injured after all. It just seems a bit callous to just say off you go, find your way out alone, especially her response when you do say that

Well you got me sold...thanks for the advice, and of course you are right!