Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 03:17 PM   #1
Lucre
Elminster

On shadow keeper what are the global affects, what do they do and how can you change them or the desired effect?
Old 11-04-2001, 04:53 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

global affects are the things which describe the state of your character. they cover mundane thigns like haste,chant as well as active special abilities like whirlwind. some are weird and are identified only with HEX codes. altering these would probably be the way to get all the interesting affects.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #3
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unless I'm wrong, the Global Affects are values and timers that control a great many of the plot elements, record what time you arrived at X place, completed X quest, the results of or your progress in certain quests, etc. For example, the global ANOMENROMANCECHECK shows a value that determines whether your character is compatible for a romance with Anomen (and the value of this global figures into whether Anomen's LOVETALK dialogue will proceed). There are HUNDREDS of globals: HADSLAYERDREAM, SAERKPLOT, TERLSPAWN, etc. I don't know of anyplace that has a list of definitions for what all these control. Your best bet, I think, is to ask about a specific variable, and maybe someone who has played with it will know.

If anyone DOES know what all the global variables mean, or knows where to find a list, I would kiss their feet and offer them my first born child. [img]smile.gif[/img] So speak up! I'd love to have that info.

I have some experience playing with the variables for the romances and a few other minor plot points, so if you want to ask a specific question, I can TRY to help.

OH! And just a note... these babies are probably not something you want to go messing about with unadvisedly, as they can seriously screw up your game if you tweak 'em wrong. Make sure you ALWAYS save your global tweaking under a different name (Shadow Keeper will usually automatically suggest you do this) so you can go back if you accidentally wig something out.

Happy Tweaking! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 12:05 PM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

So...*thinks* if i changed for instance anomenmatch to 2 would that mean you could start the romance with him or would i change checkanomenmatch and anomenmatch? Cos then you could have gay NPC's
Old 11-06-2001, 11:04 AM   #5
Lucre
Elminster

Can someone please help me?
Old 11-07-2001, 05:47 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

are we talking affects or variables here?

anyway, i _think_, as i dont usually hack games till ive finished them a few times, that changiong ANOMENMATCH to 2 would set the romance to active, as in complete. try setting it to 1. you might have to mess with a lovetalk varialbe as well.

and the gay NPC thing has already crossed my mind, in relation to another post. i think Darth Bob actually did it. IIRC it worked fine for him. go for it.

i would start a legit romance and see what changes though, safer that way. easier than just changing variable at random.

PS sorry about the delay, fought a major war yesterday, coudnt get on-line at all. plus evil people hogged the phone. looks like i may be going off-line permanently tho.