Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 05:11 PM   #21
Mel
The Magister

My best name was (Sir) Sparhawk (paladin). Due to a lack of imagination I stole the name from David Eddings.
My worst name was Velvet (short-lived thief). Name also stolen from David eddings. My other worst name was Arwen (fighter) stolen from Tolkien. The very memory of that character makes me shudder (despite the fact that she was my only character to finish BG1 and I'm now writing a story about her).
Old 10-17-2001, 08:10 PM   #22
Drifter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got a few names running around. Without doubt, the worst/funniest would have to have been a mage called "Bob". he didn't last long.
The name attached to the best character was "Equadior". he was a mage in BG1, and I finished the entire game travelling solo with him.
At the moment, i've got two main characters: He'ret is a conjuror (half-elf), and Ashnach Du'Oberet is a Dwarven Battlerager.

------------------

The meek shall inherit the Earth. But the strong shall reclaim it as their own.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:23 PM   #23
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

I had a short lived mage by the name of Zeddicus Zol'Zorander
the name was thieved out of the books written by Terry Goodkind

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-30-2001, 03:01 PM   #24
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is my "maiden voyage" through the Baldur's Gate series, so all of my character names come from PnP AD&D games.

NOTABLE PC'S
Gramluk Ironfist - Dwarven fighter.
Zachary Thorrson - Human Cleric of Odin. Through an incredible series of events from overly generous DM's, Zachary came to believe he was the "Chosen of Odin". He was a nice guy, but was only slightly less annoying than Anomen.
Keporith Quickfingers - Halfling Thief.

NOTABLE NPC'S
Dirk - Dwarven fighter specialized in daggers.
Gatlin - Quickling specialized in darts. (thought up by my college roommate, Scott P.)

My most descriptive names ever were:
Skrag - Half-ogre fighter (Wolverine fans will understand this name).
Anthony Brawn - An alien played in a sci-fi RPG. He was a cross between a tiger and a human - and was known as "Tony, the Tiger".
Robert Plant - A vegetative alien life form played in a very early PC-based RPG (the name of which escapes me).

With the exception of Robert and Tony, ALL of my character names are originals. And I never use the same name twice.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:07 PM   #25
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Fast Fingers Freddy ...(guess what he was)
Ug Le Heller (1/2 orc cleric)
Tremble Fist (monk)

My favorite character now Lady Die

------------------

Keeper of Lost Cause
Sazerac Artwork:Limited Edition #145 (Signed)
If things got any better, I'd be twins.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:14 PM   #26
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

my best name was and is for my male paladin Ackmackten which means Ack = AK and mackten = mac 10 .. well i like it . oh and worst was a transvestite half-orc named Mad- mavis
Old 10-30-2001, 03:28 PM   #27
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Hm, all my male chars are named Vangorn (no, I didn´t steal it from the Lord of the rings but from a Fighting Fantasy Solo RP book, but maybe the authors borrowed it at JRR Tolkien). My female chars are normally named Dana...
Old 10-30-2001, 03:42 PM   #28
Keylow
Manshoon

Here's some names I've used over the years...
Aramon Stormfire
Korath Thundercrash
Malakar Greystone
Lirianna Greystone
Opheria Windcry
Torianus Ikariot
Darin Windhammer

I almost always give my chars last names because...well, because it's cool
Old 10-30-2001, 03:45 PM   #29
Talamir

Most commonly I use Talamir. He's USUALLY a Paldin, but being as how Pally's have to be lawful good, and I want to be neut (for Jaheira), I made him a fighter this time 'round.

Telfarne, my barb name, has always seemed rather retarded. NTL, it is a set name in my writings, and until I have the willpower to sit for an hour or more to think up something better, that remains as my barb/berserker name.

If you've ever seen Talamir or Telfarne somewhere, and know where, please tell me. They are characters in writings of mine, and I do not wish to take names from something else (nor do I wish them to be "taken" from me).

Old 10-30-2001, 04:43 PM   #30
Montravant
Manshoon

I use Montravant to name all my characters. Exept the one my bro created for me, i named him Gaylord.