Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

just my thoughts....

some spoilers

Nalia should be mage dual classed into thief:
reasons:
1. Imoen is a thief dual-classed to mage... nalia is exactly same, similar allignment, similar stas... similar everything... as it is the arsenal of NPCs is very poor (compared to BG1 for example)... having two almost same npcs is no help..
2. There is no thief otherwise... yoshimo betrays, and jan jansen is multiclassed, so by time all characters reach 8000000cap hes barely started receiving high level abilities..
3. it would suit her biography storyline more (read her biography)... her mother wanted to be a mage so she was a mage.... but when she grew up she started wanting help the poor... she started developing thief abilities to be able to sneak out and so on...

[ 05-28-2002, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 05-28-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

Put a spoiler on Yoshi ZFR!
Nalia is CG while Imoen is NG.
And yes there is no pure thief in the game.
I think that was deliberate in order to get Yoshi with you all the way.
There is an assassin NPC being made and she is pure thief however!
Old 05-28-2002, 07:38 AM   #3
Daniel_M
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
just my thoughts....

Nalia should be mage dual classed into thief:
reasons:
1. Imoen is a thief dual-classed to mage... nalia is exactly same, similar allignment, similar stas... similar everything... as it is the arsenal of NPCs is very poor (compared to BG1 for example)... having two almost same npcs is no help..
2. There is no thief otherwise... yoshimo betrays, and jan jansen is multiclassed, so by time all characters reach 8000000cap hes barely started receiving high level abilities..
3. it would suit her biography storyline more (read her biography)... her mother wanted to be a mage so she was a mage.... but when she grew up she started wanting help the poor... she started developing thief abilities to be able to sneak out and so on...

I believe so ZFR the only good theif in the game is Jan, but it takes so long to level up. To fix this Nalia problen you can change her using shadowkeeper, just change her .CRE file i think its NALIA01 or something
Old 05-28-2002, 07:48 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

CORRECTION, multiclassed NPCs get MORE high level abilities( HLAs) than pureclassed NPCs. This is because you start getting HLAs when your COMBINED Xp is 3,000,000 Xp.

Therefore, I consider Jan Jansen a far superior Thief to Yoshimo.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 07:50 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
CORRECTION, multiclassed NPCs get MORE high level abilities( HLAs) than pureclassed NPCs. This is because you start getting HLAs when your COMBINED Xp is 3,000,000 Xp.

Therefore, I consider Jan Jansen a far superior Thief to Yoshimo.
sorry then
but still multiclassed are too slow at advancing
Old 05-28-2002, 07:57 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Multiclassed units only truly shine in ToB, because of the fact that there is very little power progression at the higher levels. They are acceptable in SoA though and sufficient.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote