Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

that annoying ass kou toa prince in the koa tua lair in the underdark

how the heck do i kill him/it? hes surrounded by 5 hasted skeletal warriors and korgan as we speak , while being horrid wilted, magic missled and god knows what else.

he doesnt die, and keeps recharging lol, spoil me , i cant stand havin 1 guy survive
Old 02-01-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Use spells like Sunray, False Dawn, and Items like Mace Of Disruption to dispose of the Hasted Skeleton Warriors [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . With them away the Kou Toa Prince will be as easy as pie, use massive amounts of Magic Missle and Lower his resistance to easly kill him (didn't thought that battle was hard, compared to the Beholder lair/Illithid lair the Kou Toa lair is a playground [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah... I think the Skeleton Warriors are on Eternal's side. Eternal, have you corrupted the pools surrounding the Prince with the deformed tadpoles? It helps you in the fight.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I think the hasted skeletons are on the party's side.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

whahhaha aaah damn I wonderd what those skeletons did there anywayz... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

forget my post... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

ROFLMAO .. that piece of advice is the most memorable yet

Oh, and indeed . .corrupt the pools with the corrupted tadpoles.
You'll find those in another room.
Or you could just give it an even greater effort,.. he's hard with his incredible regeneration, but not impossible.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #7
Eternal
Manshoon

ahhhh,,,,,,,, the corrupting of his pool i figured something like that.
tho i didnt find any clues or item of some sort that could be used for this.
(worked my way back from end to beginning --> adalon)

and Rofl annatar they are my skeletal warriors:p
thanks guys il look again hoping to find some tadpoles.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:07 PM   #8
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Slowing him should cripple him in most ways imaginable. Most importantly though, it will cut his regen in half.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I had the same problem in my game.

The annoying thing is that just as you're about to kill him, he turns yellow and runs away--fast. I kept trying to box him in, but my ApR would always fall off when he was dodging around, so I couldn't finish him off, and by the time he stopped being panicked, he had regened to barely injured again.

Even after I corrupted the pools I had the same problem. Using a x7 backstab, two melee warriors, and three casters using missiles, I could do a couple hundred points of damage in 2 or 3 rounds, but it wasn't enough! Finally, I used my last protection from magic scroll--on the Prince--to try to counteract his regeneration and haste. Either that worked, or I just happened to pile on the damage faster because he died soon after I used the scroll.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #10
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Time stop and shapechange mind flayer zapped him in one round hehe.
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote