Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2001, 11:20 AM   #1
Little Dragon
The Magister

Okay in the friendly arm inn i stole a guys golden pants. What
do i do with them. Oh could some one please tell me where the claw of
Kazgroth is.

Thank you
Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 01:25 PM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I stole the golden pants too. I have no idea what you can do with them. No one would buy them from me, so I ditched them.

Spoiler........................................... ..............................
Try the area just to the east of Beregost, at the Castle. It's called the High Hedge. There is a contankerous wizard there that will sell the claw of Kazgroth to you. You have to talk to him with persistance. At least I think that is where it's at. What do you use it for? Doesn't it do damage to you as well as the monster your fighting?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?

[This message has been edited by Sir Taliesin (edited 07-07-2001).]
Sir Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 01:29 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Trying not to, but almost spoiler material below...

As far as the Golden pants go, you won't do anythng with them until you get the Throne of Bhaal. The golden pants, along with other items you find in Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal can be used together to make something. It is the hardest item to acquire in the entire trilogy of games, for the fact that the three pieces are within the three games.
When you get SoA, make sure your lead char. has them in his inventory, then you will have them carried over into the next game, hidden in the first area you are in.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 01:35 PM   #4
Little Dragon
The Magister

Larry TELL ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Tell you what?
The reason you will want to hold onto those pants?
Very well...

Super Spoiler
Super Spoiler
Super Spoiler
Super Spoiler

< spoiler mode >
I will only say this much, without going into detail.

Sorry, you are a long way from getting these, so it'll do ya no good to know precisely everything.

You combine the Gold Pants with some Silver Pants you find in Shadows of Amn, and Bronze Pants you find in Throne of Bhaal to make a special armor called the Big Metal Unit.
It is like an exo-skeleton suit of machinery that a certain man in a certain town can build for you.
You get cannons with it as well as have the basic abilities of a Juggernaut Golem.

< /spoiler mode >

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-07-2001).]
Old 07-08-2001, 01:32 AM   #6
Qrt
Dungeon Master

Is this true or another 'urban legend'?? I've seen quite a few of those around!
Qrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 03:10 AM   #7
Khanar
Manshoon

spoilers
Wait a second. . . Big metal unit? Cannons? Juggernaut Golem?

That's sort of.....odd.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 03:57 AM   #8
Kryndath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler (i.e. the answer to what to do w/ those Golden Pantaloons in BG1)
If you talk to the Nobleman, then he assumes that you are the cleaning service and he gives you his Golden Pantaloons to clean. You have a choice of replies--choose the one that says something along the lines of "Yessir! Pantaloons pressed and ready by tomorrow morning or breakfast is free sir!" and he hands you his pants.

Talk to him again (at any time, even immediately after he gives you the pants) and you'll get an amusing reply from him and a small (very small) amount of XP. If you have a high enough Charisma and/or Rep, you may even get a tip.

Of course, if you stole the Pants from the nobleman instead of recieving them from him, I don't know if this would work. Try to talk to him anyways.

Another Spoiler!
Question about the Golden Pantaloons & the Big Metal Unit: since you lose *all* your items at the beginning of Baldur's Gate II anyways when you're in prison, would it not matter if you sold the Pants/ditched them/gave the Pantaloons back to the Nobleman/whatever? Where do you get the chance to pick up the Golden Pantaloons again in BGII?

------------------
"He who controls the past, controls the present. He who controls the present, controls the future."

(G. Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four)
Kryndath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 06:53 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Question about the Golden Pantaloons & the Big Metal Unit: since you lose *all* your items at the beginning of Baldur's Gate II anyways when you're in prison, would it not matter if you sold the Pants/ditched them/gave the Pantaloons back to the Nobleman/whatever? Where do you get the chance to pick up the Golden Pantaloons again in BGII?
More Spoiler stuff
:
:
:
Have any of you ever played BGII to find out? Your main char. does not lose all of the items that he has when entering BGII. They are hidden like I said within the first dungeon that you find yourself in. I can tell you where if that is what you want. There is a man in Throne of Bhaal that asked me for those above mentioned items, and since I was stupid enough not to recognize their use in the past, I did not have them equipped in my inventory. I had to cheat them back in, though I have been talking to some people who did keep them, and they are enjoying the benefits thereof without having to cheat. All that I said was true, and Ertai, Memnoch, and Ziroc (the Moderators on the board) will testify to that.

I hope they would ban me from the board if I am lying.

Little Dragon asked me what they did...and I told him. If any of you still need proof, stroll on over to Thone of Bhaal discusion board, and do a search for the key words. You will see how more players than I am enjoying this new armor.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-08-2001).]
Old 07-08-2001, 07:26 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Even though I don't have proof, I believe Larry.

The idea might sound skeptical and unrealistic, but Larry is a respected member of the Ancients Club.

Do not doubt him.

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote