Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep, it has been confirmed.. And I do see the issue with it. You would have to have bounding boxes laid to where a player can ride a horse. loads of variables... so they cut it from the release.

This doesn't mean that we may see Mr. Ed in a NWN2 Expansion! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ah well, no biggie..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Kind of a drag, but would you really get anywhere faster on a horse anyway? Although, I had envisioned a Pally riding into battle with a dragon and a lance...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

It seems that ridable horses is at the top of the wish list of any roleplayer.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Would you ride a horse through dungeons? If you did it would be resonable to penalize your attack and defense in enclosed areas, but give a bonus in open fields and meadows. What of a forest? No bonus or penalty.

[ 03-23-2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Actually, I played a mini-module with horses it wasn't all that bad...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Would you ride a horse through dungeons? If you did it would be resonable to penalize your attack and defense in enclosed areas, but give a bonus in open fields and meadows. What of a forest? No bonus or penalty.
I see this as the problem. Nobody would ride their horses into the dungeon, so you have to leave them outside, or, perhaps there is a large cave entrance, where you can leave them, but who gets to stay and protect the horses? Either one member of the party, assuming there is one, has to stay behind to tend to them, or, you have to hire henchmen, just to guard the horses. Leaving them to fend for themselves is unacceptable. Mainly, they just get in the way, unless you are riding them from town to town, and walking in for the adventure.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

It doesn't make much sense to ride horses inside dungeons.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #8
Tomin
Dungeon Master

Well what about a halfling druid riding his dire wolf through the dungeon? I mean that makes perfect sense to me....
Tomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:26 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

There is an alarming problem surfacing with NWN's 2. Everything seems to be getting rushed and features that would set this game apart from NWN 1 are getting left out in the haste. This is a trend with that stupid company Atari, why do they insist on ruining our games with their absurd deadlines. Don't they realise this sin't some kids console game, that the D&D system takes time? Just don't be surpirsed. We all remember ToEE...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
There is an alarming problem surfacing with NWN's 2. Everything seems to be getting rushed and features that would set this game apart from NWN 1 are getting left out in the haste. This is a trend with that stupid company Atari, why do they insist on ruining our games with their absurd deadlines. Don't they realise this sin't some kids console game, that the D&D system takes time? Just don't be surpirsed. We all remember ToEE...
I completely agree. I much better prefer a game which release date gets delayed several times, but the final product is really worth buying... look at Warcraft 3.

[ 03-25-2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]