Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

One other thing, is there a place were I can find maps for SoU? One feature I miss about BG is the labeling on the maps.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #12
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You should be able to label any map. Just click on that little Diamond in the top left corner next to the arrows, then click on the screen. You'll get a window to come up and you can type into it.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
Marathon
Elminster

Nope - sorry, I was pretty unclear. You won't be able to take COT levels yet, and I'm not saying you should, only that it's a good option. You will only be able to take levels of fighter or a prestige class without a penalty, and I would think COT or Dwarven Defender would be your best options. Weaponmasters are good, but have so many prerequisites that it may not be feasible for a Dwarf Barb. The prerequisites for COT are a BAB of 7 and weapon focus (any weapon), and there is no way to speed up BAB - you just have to gain levels. So, I don't think you can ever take a level of COT before level 7. After that, take 10 levels of COT - the reason for this is that after 10 levels of COT, you only get bonus feats every three levels, not 2.

What I generally do is wait until I hit level 20 with a chosen class (usually Paladin, as it goes well with COT) then take 10 levels of COT to get the bonus feats out of the epic feat list if possible. That being said, I really like the bonuses you get with Barbarians - fast movement, rages, damage reduction, etc. I might just go straight Barb if I were you.

[ 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just to pick a nit here, the weapon focus for CoT is a melee weapon. Don't drive down to Wichita and beat me up either, Marathon, unless you bring my daughter with you.
CoT is a good viable option, and it's not too hard to get into. Weaponmaster, you pretty much have to know you are going to do that from start up, especially if you're not playing a fighter. This could be a good thing, however, as it gives you time to develop your char a little more before you go into Weapon Master.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #15
Marathon
Elminster

You are correct, of course. And have no fear, as a general rule I never drive more than a half hour to confront former bouncers that have a half a foot and 60 pounds on me - I'll just have to wait until you come here for the renaissance fair.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Thanks for the input. I didn't get much of a chance to play this weekend as the wife kept me busy around the house. When I do find the time to play I am really enjoying the game and have not even thought about playing BG since I got NWN.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #17
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewarrior:
I didn't get much of a chance to play this weekend as the wife kept me busy around the house.
[...]
have not even thought about playing BG since I got NWN.
Have not even thought about wife since I got NWN.

ok I'm not really married [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-13-2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #18
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Marathon:
You are correct, of course. And have no fear, as a general rule I never drive more than a half hour to confront former bouncers that have a half a foot and 60 pounds on me - I'll just have to wait until you come here for the renaissance fair.
If it looks like I'll actually make it this year, I'll let you know in advance. I gave plenty of thought to my gf when I first found NWN's, so much so that I bought her a copy so we could play together.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #19
Marathon
Elminster

I used to go with the "working late again" line a few times a week, but now my wife see right through that and just makes me admit I'm staying up late to play games.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

My first time character was a Human Barbarian. Worked very nice indeed