Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Does this seem like a good build? Have been away from NWN for a pretty long time and these prestige classes are new to me. I am trying to build a poor man's version of an Artemis Entreri-like character (I say poor man's because I don't think with point-buy you can really approach what his stats should be).

Right now he is a Rogue(3)/Fighter(2)/Assassin(2), paired with Daelan. Basically he uses Daelan as decoy/blocker and tries to get into flanking position for sneak (and now death) attack damage. He's dual wielding, and will specialize in short swords.

Really want to see what happens with one level of Shadowdancer where he can then "hide in plain sight" - I am imagining that plus maxed out hide/move silently + alot of sneak/death attack damage will be pretty potent. For healing/magic I am pretty much just going with healing kits and the heal skill and use magic device.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Unfortunately you can only pick three classes, so the build won't work in NWN.
However, the effect would be that you're more easily able to deal sneak attack damage and may not need Daelan to assist you anymore.
Disabling an enemy using magic, death attacks or (improved) knockdown also helps you get more sneak attacks in.

a second advantage is being able to escape from fights with little damage, as the enemy often can't strike what it cannot see.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Thanks for the response - guess it will force me to be more true to Entreri as I don't think he was a shadowdancer - think he most definitely had some fighter, rogue and assassin level tho in NWN terms.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

BTW, for SoU, does Death Attack damage max out at 5d6?
Old 02-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No. It progresses with Assassin lvls.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

So yes, it does, as SoU doesn't allow you more than 10 assassin levels. It still stacks with the rogue and blackguard Sneak Attack feats.
The DC on the death attack is modified by your INT score, by the way.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hmm did not know that about Death Attack - do have a 14 INT so that will help, but this makes me feel those Fox's Cunning potions/scrolls are not so worthless for this guy after all.

Looks like he will end up Fighter(4)/Assassin(10)/Rogue(3+X). Also I have never played as a Evil character in this game, so I was worried I would become Neutral from doing all the quests. Well I have all 4 reagents now (and hit 9th level just from that) and I'm worried I was a tad too Evil. After I got a bit mad with Harben for not giving me an extra reward (and he made some snide comment as well), I kind of attacked him, and since then pretty much everyone wants to go at it, save the core NPCs. And to make matters worse, after finding Linu's quest item, when I went to give it to her, a big fight broke out in Trade of Blades where my Henchman (have Grimgnaw now as I think he's the only one that would want to hang with this character) killed Linu, and my old henchman Dealan chased us out onto the street where he bit the dust as well (at that point I couldn't resist and helped out). Not sure if they will be gone now for the rest of the game? Or if people in the next chapter will be as upset with my poor, unpopular Assassin? I will say I got more EXP this time than any other run through this part of the game though.