Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

Well today while playing bg i downsized the screen by pressing alt-tab, i then rememberd that i had to take the trash out so i right clicked on the bg mini box and clicked quit. it then gave me a pop-up that said !!!"Are you sure you want to quit?BOO will miss you....." and it even made the boo squeek when i clicked yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta do it, its hilarrious!! it totally brightened my day before doin the chores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome huh?the game creators covered EVERYTHING, and added funny stuff all over the place!! im just sharing my daily events, justv wanted to tell yous
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, I love it when game programmers have the creativity to put in great little gizmos like that to keep us happy. Some of my other favorites are Sonic the Hedgehog (for being the first game where your character had a "Come on......I'm getting bored here...." animation for when you didn't do anything for a while), Warcraft II (for being the first game where you could annoy your guys....I *LOVED* doing that!) and one of the MechWarrior games (for adding some novelty to the Main Menu. When you clicked on 'Quit,' the game did not ask, 'Are You Sure You Want To Quit?' it simply said, 'Embrace Cowardice?').

------------------
You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one," that's what I always say.

Hey! Why are you stabbing me???
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:04 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL, yeah I love that bit! Boo is the greatest!

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:11 PM   #4
Haladar
Dungeon Master

Its like in doom2, where whenever you it will bring up a random message out of a group of about eight. I seem to rember that some were quite funny, though i cant think of any of the top of my head.

----------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of The Holy Temple of Aerie
Haladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 04:53 PM   #5
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

i think bg really put a totally new view to the computer games, with stuff everywhere like say the triplet of monsters that give you a note that says something(i forget) and then says sincerely and the names of the three stooges!!
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 09:04 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

Oh yeah, I think it was Larry, Larry, and Darryl! (not the three stooges, they were larry, Curly, and Moe). Really funny though.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 09:59 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It might be the 3 Stooges in the European version(s), as it's unlikely that Newhart caught on much outside the US.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote